Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall's divisions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
410 Views, 2 Replies

Wall's divisions

Hello community,

I used the "element division"s command to divide my wall to create an opening that simulated the presence of a door.. The problem is that this command creates a new little wall at the top of the opening (the screenshot is below) and I don't want to create this because my analytical model is changed, and it is a problem when I will do a structural analysis in a FEM software.

I necessarily need to create an opening by the command "element division" (and not putting a door) but I don't want to modify my analitycal model. How I can resolve it?

In the screenshot below I put the analytical model in witch I create the opening by a door (that is the analytical model that I want) and the analytical model in witch I create the opening with the command (that is the analytical model that I don't want)

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jamhmer_Oc
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

If you want to make a hole, you can do it in two ways: the first would be by inserting hole families in the wall. Inside the structural model, use the DR command and you will get the options.

Jamhmer_Oc_0-1615759135593.png

The second option is to edit the profile of the wall and draw the opening. Select the wall and in the upper part the edit option is activated, draw the outline of the door and complete the opening.

Jamhmer_Oc_1-1615759218148.png

Jamhmer Oc

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

you can try this pick the wall > select wall opening or as suggested edit profile of the wall. thanks

wop.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report