Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Typical Detail Versions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mseward25
249 Views, 3 Replies

Tracking Typical Detail Versions?

My firm is transitioning from majority autoCAD users to majority Revit users. As such, our typical detail library is more developed on the CAD side. 

My plan is to recreate all of the details as drafting views and keep them in a container file, which I believe is pretty standard based on other firms I've worked at. 

My one hiccup is concerns on tracking the typical details. In some of our project typologies, the typical detail may be revised while the project is on-going and the engineers want a "smart" way to know if their detail is not the latest version (aside from the emails we send out that detail "XXX" has been modified). They appreciate that when you link the cad version, if the name changes, then the link breaks - which gives them a clear sign something has changed. 

Is there any way to achieve this in Revit? I have basic Dynamo skills, but didn't know if this was possible with a script, or if there's another way? I'd like to take a decent shot at making this work for my team, thank you!

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: mseward25

I would suggest adding a shared parameter for all typical details that states the Date of rev for it

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
hmunsell
in reply to: Ahmed_Muharram

along the lines of @Ahmed_Muharram.... Add the date or version to the naming convention of the detail. 

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
mseward25
in reply to: hmunsell

Thank you both! So the anticipated workflow would be the user checking that they have the most recent version of the detail in their project? Or is there a way to automate that and check the parameter in the detail versus the parameter in the container file detail? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report