Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Wall

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ihsanhalim28
503 Views, 7 Replies

Structure Wall

Hello, I want to ask, why does my wall have an opening/void while the profile wall is full

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: ihsanhalim28

difficult to tell? in 3d view activate your bulb icon, it could be the there is wall in between that is hidden? or void mass in-place?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
ihsanhalim28
in reply to: ennujozlagam

no sir when i turned on the bulb to reveal the hidden object
Message 4 of 8

Can you share your project file?

Message 5 of 8

There could be an architectural element (wall) intersecting 

Try changing the discipline to coordination.

RVT coord view.png

Message 6 of 8

I had the same problem a while ago, I saw something hidden that was not shown on the bulb of hidden objects, this is because the file was using phasing to control elements in the view when I turned it all on, I could see a wall going through my structure and causing the problem 

Message 7 of 8

Without seeing your file it could be either an architectural wall or a structural wall in a different phase that was drawn first, then when your structural wall is drawn intersecting it, there is a gap showing.

So you need to check for an Architectural wall or a Structural wall in a different phase

Message 8 of 8

Thanks for sharing, It can be due to a setup with Phasing, review those options/controls. Another thing can be going to your 3D view under Graphics properties , Show Hidden Lines options to switch the elements by discipline and so on.

Best wishes

Joshuam - Structural BIM VDC Design Director 
Feel free to Like this post if you find it to be helpful.
Click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button if your question was answered.

acad logo.jpg Contributor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report