Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel connection - inconsistent gusset plate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
robert.jungergard
380 Views, 2 Replies

Steel connection - inconsistent gusset plate

Hi,

I have a several steel connections of the type "single tube brace gusset" (STBG) and it is inconsistent.

This is my problem:

I have 3 types of STBG and I have set the distance between gusset plate and end plate to be 48 mm.

When I do a check up on my drawings I see that I get different differences, which is odd and really unreliable.

The left one shows 21 mm and the right one shows 26 mm.

You can see in the properties that none of the connections are overridden - it's the same options for all of the connection type.

This bothers me greatly, since the steel connection options is unreliable and I now have to check all of my other connections types and compare the distance between the end plate and the gusset plate. I don't want to create new types or override the connection instances, I should not be forced to do that.

How and why is this a problem? Could this get the attention of a Revit or Advance Steel employee?

The project is in 2020 and is rather large, we can't upgrade the model without checking up with all of the other disciplines which would take time.

I have Revit 2020.5.

robertjungergard_0-1636710891545.png

robertjungergard_1-1636711054801.png

EDIT:
Even if I try the other option "distance from bolt to end plate 75 mm" I get a totally different result.

robertjungergard_0-1636711846360.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

the connection tool can get tricky as it is meant for the steel detailing (coming from advance steel). Would it be possible to send me more details of the connection values? Something you can check, are the connections points (member end and start points) the same for all the same instances, angles of bracing and things like that the same. are things like the gusset in the centre, if so, centre of what? has any of the latest updates to 2020 make a difference?

Message 3 of 3

Hi Neil,

I will return with your answers later in April,

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report