Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Beams between connections

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Jim_Melin
2490 Views, 3 Replies

Splitting Beams between connections

Hi folks!

Is it possible to split beams between existing connections?

Kindly
Jim Melin
AEC AB CAD Solution Support

www.aec.se
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rob_Merriman
in reply to: Jim_Melin

Hi @Jim_Melin 

If you are talking about steel connections then unfortunalty this isnt possible.

When you apply a steel connection to a beam / column the format of these elements change to a "Steel Fabrication Shape" - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...

Once the element has become a Steel Fabrication Shape then certain Revit tools can no longer be applied - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/EN...

I belive to achieve what you want you need to delete the connections, delete the beam, re-model the beam and split it first then apply the connections

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Jim_Melin
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Thank you!
It feels better when I have a name for it.

Kindly
Jim Melin
AEC AB CAD Solution Support

www.aec.se
Message 4 of 4
DKIVIG
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Having to remodel the geometry, if you need to split a beam or a column, and perhaps add another connection (e.g. due to manufacturer demands) is an extreme limitation still, even in Revit 2021, for the documentation of the connection. I find myself having to retag most of the geometry, if such a change occurs.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem, and, if yes, what advice can you give?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report