Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying DWG section view coordinates

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Augustinas_Linaburgis
426 Views, 7 Replies

Specifying DWG section view coordinates

Hey, I am working with making readable detailed sections views that can be integrated into Trimble Connect viewer with corresponding IFC file model. The problem I have when exporting DWG section view is that it is loaded somewhere far away from actual IFC model. Is it possible to somehow pin DWG section view coordinates to IFC model when exporting in Revit?

This is how I have it now by just uplading IFC modell and DWG section view.

Augustinas_Linaburgis_0-1688463642860.png

This is how I want my DWG section view to be imported into Trimble Connect viewer. Right now I can rotate and adjust placement manually in Trimble Connect viewer but it takes times and not exactly quality proof method.

Augustinas_Linaburgis_1-1688463694820.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Did you place you DWG section on Floor Plan or Section of your structure.

Try placing your DWG section in your Section so that it is placed exactly "ont he face" of your structure. Then go to 3D for exporting IFC and see the following options (try adjusting Projected Coordinate System Reference to see which one gives the desired result:

anzekumar_0-1688469910473.png

anzekumar_1-1688469919526.png

Message 3 of 8

I am exporting from Section View. When I am export IFC modell (even in section view), annotations do not get exported. Therefor I need to export IFC of the model and DWG section view separately, then combine them two in Trimble Connect. But as I have mentioned adjusting Projected Coordinate System Reference in IFC export options, doesn't change anything for the DWG export. 

Unless there is possibility to export 3D modell with section view pasted onto the model, which again dont think is possible.

So my last option is still to find out how can I export DWG section view of that model and specify/pin section view location/rotation to the model as I have it in Revit. 

Message 4 of 8

You could try exporting 3D view with annotation with DWG Export and untick option of external reference:

anzekumar_0-1688474946481.png

Although I do not know how ywould that work in Trimble Connect

Message 5 of 8

It might work but you can not draw annotation lines in 3D view, whether its locked or unlocked view.

Message 6 of 8

Try Model Lines

Message 7 of 8

It worked to export 3D model lines in IFC format, but then I cant export any other annotations. Other way around if I export 3D model lines and annotations in DWG format, it against just loads in at local 0,0 coordinate position. It feels I cant find the perfect solution, its either exporting only detail lines (Model lines) or rest of annotations as DWG but then its not pinned to the element.

Augustinas_Linaburgis_0-1688480736005.png

Message 8 of 8

What kind of other annotation do you have. You can use Dimensions in 3D view and snap them to either Model Lines or 3D elements. For hatches you could use Material Pattern..?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report