Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2023.1 UPDATES REFUSING TO INSTALL

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
james.mahinda-edvik
2015 Views, 20 Replies

REVIT 2023.1 UPDATES REFUSING TO INSTALL

I have downloaded Revit 2023.1 Update from Autodesk website.

However, when I commence installation, it get to about 35% and gives an error as per the attached screen capture.

Please advise how to troubleshoot this.

jamesmahindaedvik_0-1669020477537.png

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

You probably used programs to clean and optimize your system. You must re-download the Revit distribution and specify the path to the revit.msi file.

Mikhail Dolgikh / Михаил Долгих
BIM-Manager & Teacher / БИМ-Менеджер - Учитель
Facebook

Message 3 of 21

Hi, you mean I re-install Revit 2023? or the update?

Message 4 of 21

Revit does not need to be reinstalled. We need the original Revit 2023 distribution, it contains revit.msi

Facebook

Message 5 of 21

Another thread on this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/revit-2023-1-instalation-error/td-p/11559113

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 21
MichaelDol
in reply to: DarrenP

I had the same problem, the actions described above helped

Facebook

Message 7 of 21

I downloaded the Revit 2023 installation file from Autodesk.com.

Still getting same error.

What do you mean by "original Revit 2023 distribution"?  Is it the installation file or what?

Message 8 of 21

You need to download the full distribution of the program. If you installed Revit, then you should have it on your disk.

123.JPG

Facebook

Message 9 of 21

This is what I have when I download the installation file from Autodesk.com

jamesmahindaedvik_0-1669101120406.png

Message 10 of 21

One installation file is not enough, you need a full program archive, it's more than 10GB

Facebook

Message 11 of 21

I don't think you are helping me much by providing peace meal answers.

Where am I supposed to download the complete installation file from, if not Autodesk.com as shown below?

jamesmahindaedvik_0-1669101668110.png

Message 12 of 21

If you run it, it will download the entire program to your disk.

Maybe you will find a solution at the link above.

Facebook

Message 13 of 21

This is what I get when I try to install:

jamesmahindaedvik_0-1669102375694.png

Message 14 of 21

This image indicates that you are trying to run the Revit 2023 full installer that you downloaded.  You should cancel that install and then attempt to install the Revit 2023.1 Update again.  When you reach the point in the install where you are prompted for the RVT.msi file, you need to browse to the location of the newly downloaded full installer and select the RVT.msi file that resides in the C:\Autodesk\Revit_2023_G1_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\RVT folder.

Tony Michniewicz
Autodesk Delivery Engineer

Anthony Michniewicz
Principal QA Analyst
Message 15 of 21

You guys are just taking me in circles and not solving the issue.

This is the message I get if I follow the procedure prescribed:

jamesmahindaedvik_0-1669126983035.png

Why not just release an Update installer that installs without any issues?

Message 16 of 21

Hi,

Kindly use the files you extracted. The path you are trying to access is not a valid. Use below parts and then browse to that msi

Part 1

https://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2023/RVT/5A37FF7C-EA37-3FE6-8EF6-7382D03DEE46/SFX/Revit_2...

Part 2

https://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/2023/RVT/5A37FF7C-EA37-3FE6-8EF6-7382D03DEE46/SFX/Revit_2...

Part 3-

Part 4

Part 5

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
Message 17 of 21

Click Detail button in that dialog and choose Browser Download so you can download it as one file.  Then run the execution file to extract it to a c: folder. Don't change anything, let it choose the path. Then you will have the msi file for updating.

To be honest, this whole mess is ridiculous and it's Autodesk fault. They should host any necessary files online and pull them when needed for updates. Forcing user to store over 10GB of dead weight for each program in the local drive is so effing stup!d.  I have nearly 100 GB of BS stored in my local HDD just so I can run update once in three months.

And when you think the above is the worst part and you are almost over it, chances are the update will refuse the MSI file for some other dumb reason. In such case. You will need to uninstall your Revit, reinstall it from the one you just downloaded, then you can update.

Message 18 of 21

This one saved the day. After dowloading the 5 files for over 5 hours, I was finally able to install Revit 2023 and the update 2023.1.
Thank you.
Message 19 of 21

Like everyone else, I wasted a ridiculous amount of time trying to update my laptop to Revit 23.1.1. This is what worked for me. It still took about one hour on my relatively slow laptop. I agree with everyone who thinks Autodesk is responsible for wasting our time.
Export your shortcuts, copy your Revit.ini and Revit apps folders. Not an issue if you are doing this on a secondary computer as I was.
Create new Revit installation to be installed later. Sign in to your Autodesk Account > Product and Services pick Revit to open details. Click drop arrow next to "Install," select Custom Install.
New package > Add Products > Revit > Latest version. It will show Revit 2023.1.1 Update, however, it actually installed the May 3 version 23.0.11.19. Under customizations you may want to uncheck foreign language content to save space. I held off selecting any additional content or extensions to minimize possible problems with the Revit installation. The new package creates a 15MB installer. Run this to create the installation files.
Completely uninstall Revit. Search: How to Complete a Clean Uninstall of Revit products which should be followed exactly. After rebooting, turn anti-virus off again temporarily.
This next step I think is very important. Search "Microsoft fix it download" and go to the Microsoft's support link. Its full name is Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter. Run it.
Respond to the tool's questions regarding the problem to solve: Installing and Revit when asked (you may get different options).
Reboot computer (might not be necessary but did it as precaution). I turned off anti-virus again.
Install Revit using the Revit Installer created previously.
Start Revit. Check version. As noted above, my installation was not the current version.
Download Revit 2023.1.1 Update. Install it. Worked for me (v23.1.10.4). Import shortcuts and get apps reloaded.
It is possible that some step I took before doing the above may have helped. If so, maybe terminating the AdSSO.exe process.

Message 20 of 21

Hi, 

I am having the same issue as mentioned regarding the missing rvt.msi file. Is it necessary to download all 5 of those files? 

Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report