Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2020 and Windows 8

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
joseAgullo
14869 Views, 13 Replies

Revit 2020 and Windows 8

Dear of Autodesk

I have an educational license as a professor and I downloaded Revit 2020 on a computer with Windows 8.1. Installation stop because I've Windows 8.

I look in "System requirements" and says that Revit 2020 products work on Windows 10 but can work with Windows 7 as a minimum requirement.

What happens with Windows 8? Is impossible to use Revit 2020 without Windows 10?

Thank you or your answer.

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ennujozlagam
in reply to: joseAgullo

You can check below is not supported the windows 8

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/G...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 14

Support for Windows 8/8.1 was dropped in Revit 2020, leaving only Windows 10 (version 1607 or newer) and Windows 7 as supported operating systems.  Here is a link to the system requirements for Revit 2020.

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 4 of 14

hello, i'm not the OP here. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

I just learned that I have to upgrade my OS to even install Revit 2020.  It's bad enough that I have to maintain multiple versions of the software because of your incredibly user-unfriendly lack of version-to-version compatibility.  

What is the reason for not supporting Windows 8? Hope it's a good one...though I'm hardly surprised.  Thanks for nothing AutoDesk, I truly resent that I need your products.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

talk to microsoft about that

they ended windows 8 support back in 2016 nothing to do with autodesk

Message 7 of 14
graitechajek

You can install Revit 2020 on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Can only be installed via Autodesk desktop app, there is no silly protection in this installation for 2020.

Message 8 of 14
ArchASM

hi,
are you find a solution for this problem ?

@Anonymous wrote:

I just learned that I have to upgrade my OS to even install Revit 2020.  It's bad enough that I have to maintain multiple versions of the software because of your incredibly user-unfriendly lack of version-to-version compatibility.  

What is the reason for not supporting Windows 8? Hope it's a good one...though I'm hardly surprised.  Thanks for nothing AutoDesk, I truly resent that I need your products.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: ArchASM

what problem?

Windows 8/8.1 is not a supported OS for 2020 that is why there are system requirements

Message 10 of 14
graitechajek

No problem. 🙂

You can install Revit 2020 on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Can only be installed via Autodesk desktop app, there is no silly protection in this installation for 2020.

(It's good to have revit 2019 installed for this installation for 2020 from Autodesk desktop app)

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

You can bypass this by using "# CB_FUNC=CustomCallbackRevitOSVersionCheck" in the setup.ini.

But what will it break when using this?

Tags (2)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: graitechajek

Hi,

Could you educate me on how does this one works? I badly need it for my school project. Thank you in advance.

Message 13 of 14
pendean
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I will try that. Thank you so much. I will let you know if it works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report