Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2015 keeps deleting file locations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DParkRMAK
387 Views, 3 Replies

Revit 2015 keeps deleting file locations

I am having an issue with 2 different computers running Revit 2015 BDSP. In the last 2 months I have reset all the file paths for templates but they keep resetting. I had an issue with another computer that kept doing the same thing.

I did do a repair andfixed it for today but I expect to have to do it again in a few weeks. I did find an article that said this was a gremlin that happens with Revit 2015, thanks but how do I keep it from deleting all my file paths?

I do not have this issue with my computer, nearly identical specs. The problem machines both have other analysis software installed that I do not but then there are others who have this software that do not experience this issue.

Are there any known issues with running Revit along with SAP or E-Tabs?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
L.Maas
in reply to: DParkRMAK

What I have experienced on some computers that such things happened when running multiple Revit versions (e.g 2014, 2015 & 2016).

After running one version the other got reset.

From others that they experience such things with multiple user accounts on the same computer.

But some add-ins could also be a cause

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4
DParkRMAK
in reply to: L.Maas

This started with Revit trying to reinstall itself. I am not sure what happened to make it do this. I found an article about this exact issue but it wrote it off as gremlins. OK, I would like to understand why it does this on some computers and not others.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DParkRMAK

Ever figure out a fix?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report