Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinforcement - Default Cover Settings - Model in place beam

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LukeCrowson
965 Views, 5 Replies

Reinforcement - Default Cover Settings - Model in place beam

Hi,

I have a odd shape beam so i have used the 'model in place' tool. I set my RC cover but once copied or amended the cover changes back to a default every time - obviously this changes any rebar within that host.

Is there any way to stop this happening or to change the Default RC cover settings?

This also does not give you any warning letting you know the RC is changing?

See Image

RC Cover Default.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Can I ask how I have changed Rebar Cover? Have you used this menu?

image.png

Because If you did it manually by moving the rebars, I can understand the cause of your problem.

Message 3 of 6

Within the 'rebar cover settings' This is where you set the cover up originally - eg - 30 cover, 40 cover, 50 cover.

Once that is set up - you can select the required cover from the list above - when you select a beam or object and within the 'properties > rebar cover'

Normal if you use a standard concrete beam and set the cover - If you amend the length of the beam the cover stays as its been set.

Unfortunately when i have an odd shaped beam and used model in place to create - i adjust the length or shape of the beam and the 'rebar cover' changes back to a default cover setting which:-

1. I don't know where to set the default cover.

2. How to stop the beam resetting to a default cover without a warning.

Message 4 of 6
peter7U4SR
in reply to: LukeCrowson

Was there ever a solution found? It's still happening in 2019.

Message 5 of 6

Hi @LukeCrowson 

I couldn't reproduce the cover reset by just copying the element with rebar in 2019 or 2020.

The cover is however reset when clicking edit in place and finish, even if no changes are made.

So, I would recommend changing the notch by dragging the handles directly in the project, manually or with a dimension constraint to some other element (without clicking edit in place)

ChangeElem.jpg

This will be investigated further by one of the development teams.

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 6 of 6

This issue has been fixed in Revit 2020.1.

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report