Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REBARS SHOWING IN ONE COLOUR

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2320 Views, 6 Replies

REBARS SHOWING IN ONE COLOUR

Hi all,

I have a model with rebars in it. The challenge is that all the bar diameters are showing in colour. I have assigned different bars to different colours but it still shows all in one colour. What could be wrong and how do i fix this?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Revit_Whisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

How are you assigning color?  By material, by filter, overrides?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Revit_Whisperer

Thanks for your response. I am assigning colors using the visibility
settings and Object styles.
Message 4 of 7
Revit_Whisperer

I tested with a material ( different material/color for each bar size) and that got me different colors...and it is global.

Message 5 of 7
conrad

Type in (VG) visibility graphics dialog

Go to the Filters Tab and "Add" a new filter. I made mine a "Rule based" filter..

Create a new filter for each bar based on their "Type name" by Clicking on the New Filter button and scrolling down to the "Structural Rebar" Check box

Then Filter by: "Type name" and Select D10 or whatever bar diameter you are using of which to highlight. Repeat until you have a filter for each bar Diameter.

Press OK

Select the newly created filter from the list and change the Visibility settings "Pattern" to Red color and Solid Fill..

This should show the bars in solid red if the Detail level is on Fine detail.

If not, then go to the properties of the View you are at and change the Detail level to Fine.

or

If in {3D} view you can also change the concrete element to 10% transparency (You can either change it with (VG) to do it for all concrete elements with the project shown in that view or create a Filter to change the element visibiliy properties based on the individual properties)

or

Select the Rebar and at in the properties window change the "View visibility states" to view and unobscured and view as solid by checking their tick boxes.

See the attached sample project...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: conrad

Thanks for this brilliant solution. It worked in the view and in the 3D
view. However, it appears i have to that for each view. This is unlike
other projects where the different colours show automatically. Any way to
set this and make it global?

Thanks all the way.
Message 7 of 7
conrad

I usually create view template with all elements except the rebar 10% transparent and the filters representing the colors set up. If you save this view as a view template then you can implement the view settings in other views. It doesn't matter if the other views are sections, elevations or layout plans - just change the view type filter to <all> and select your saved view template from the list.

Another way of making a view look smooth and professional is to go into the view properties window and select the graphics display options. Turn the "Smooth lines with anti-aliasing" on. The change in finishing with this option is really amazing, but I also think it negatively affects affect the performance of a large project and high detail elements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report