Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar UK Shape Code 98

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
db
Advocate
3761 Views, 8 Replies

Rebar UK Shape Code 98

Hi.... I am posting this in the hope that we can get some support from Autodesk to resolve problems with the rebar UK shape code family (shape code 98) which doesn't seem to be currently available ?

I have just modelled a project where I needed a shape code 98 but it was not available in Revit.  I was able to use a multi-planar bar in it's place with both end legs projecting in the same direction (rather than opposite directions) and name it as shape code 98 which meant that the bar schedule was generated correctly but then had to modify my drawings manually to detail it correctly.

Is there a valid reason why shape code 98 is not available or am I just missing something ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: db

hi

could you post a photo of rebar UK shape code family (shape code 98)

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
db
Advocate
in reply to: Ahmed_Muharram

Hi Ahmed.... File attached.

Message 4 of 9
Ahmed_Muharram

i think that you can model it using sketch rebar then multi planar tool, it will be the same shape like this one

aa.JPG

first go to rebar tool, then choose sketch rebar and choose the element you want to draw the rebar in.

use multi planar tool and draw the shape you want. 

BIM Manager
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
db
Advocate
in reply to: Ahmed_Muharram

Thanks Ahmed, I tried to model it before but couldn't get the two legs to go in opposite directions, all I could do was as the attached file.  How do I adjust one of the legs to be in the opposite direction ?  When I try to draw the last leg it ends up at some random angle.

Message 6 of 9
Ahmed_Muharram

yes it is not easy i think.

you can see these tutorials it should help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSIIa3RhnW8 

BIM Manager

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
db
Advocate

Autodesk....  Please can you advise why this has been marked as "Solved" ?  The answers provided do not work to solve this issue.

Message 8 of 9
CristinaJianu

Hi Dean,

Unfortunately this type of multiplanar shape cannot be obtained in Revit.

The workaround that I can think of is to create the shape as the multiplanar you already noticed. 

For schedules this should do the trick. For the detailing plans I would just modeling or detailing lines to create the shape. 

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Message 9 of 9
db
Advocate
in reply to: CristinaJianu

Thanks for the response Cristina....that is what I did as a work around but it would be nice if Autodesk took these things on board with a view to incorporating in any future updates.  Considering the things that Revit "is" able to do, I would be surprised if this couldn't be accommodated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report