Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar hosted in Merged parts 2024

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
darylC9EKB
33 Views, 0 Replies

Rebar hosted in Merged parts 2024

I am having issues when working with precast panels that require a return, (non flat panels) or an upstand. forming an L shaped panel.

its easy to model the walls as precast panel type, and convert each  to parts, then merge the two parts to create the shape that is required. 

the issue comes when placing Rebar, is seems that merged parts cannot host rebar. is this correct, how can i get the rebar to be hosted by the merged part, after modelling the rebar as hosted by the original. i cannot select a new host as the part. meaning the constraints for rebar cover are not correct, as the part (Precast Wall) requires 20mm grout packing.  and adjusting the rebar cover settings for other surfaces, causes issues then modelling HT stirrups to the edge of the host. 

is my only work around to manually change the face constraint for all the sets?

@ovidiu_paunescu 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report