Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebar Cover Bottom Face

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ahmed.galal
1557 Views, 4 Replies

Rebar Cover Bottom Face

I have 2 footings the lower one is plain concrete footing and the upper one is the reinforcement concrete footing
i can't rebar the upper one because revit neglecting its bottom cover face and sure i don't want to rebar the lower fotting because its a plain concrete not reinforcement, so how to reactive the footing rebar cover bottom face again?

2017-03-20_12-28-26.png

2017-03-20_12-41-51.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
boro37
in reply to: ahmed.galal

Hello,

You can try to select this "plain concrete" and then uncheck -> "structural" option.

I hope that this is going to help you,

Regards,

Marek

plain concrete.PNG

Message 3 of 5
boro37

There is also one more possible solution,

If you have joined both elements, then bottom rebar cover for your "reinforcement concrete" will be inactive. So try to unjon these elements.

Regards,

Marek

Message 4 of 5
ahmed.galal
in reply to: boro37

Unfortunately the isolated footing not including the property 'structure' so i can't use it, and i didn't join the footings but i think revit did it automatically and joined them. i'm hoping to find a solution for that.

but thank you for trying to help me Mark.

Message 5 of 5
simionc

Hello Ahmed,

The two footings will join automatically when next to each other so the cover will not be visible. A workaround for this would be to leave a 1mm gap between them, now the cover should be represented in both footings.

Please tell me if this helps, also if this solution seems to be too time consuming you could send me the rvt and we'll try to find something better.

Thank you,

Cristian Simion 

Cristian Simion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report