Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pXML Format

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1738 Views, 6 Replies

pXML Format

Hi there,

I am trying to find out what kind of capabilities Revit has in an exporting capability. Specifically, I need to extract information into my ERP System. The goal is to use the data from Revit in pXML format, Has anyone done this before or know of a way/ Plug-in that can allow me to extract pXML files from Revit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, got any solution? I am also looking to export to pxml. Kindly help if you know how.

Message 3 of 7
teodorb

Hi,

Structural Precast for Revit offers the ability to export to PXMl precast assemblies.

The add-on can be downloaded from here: https://apps.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=6591165915712146252&appLang=en&os=Win64

It can also be downloaded through ADA.

Could you guys please tell me what are you trying to export to PXML? If possible, could you also upload some Revit files from which you are trying to extract the necessary data?

Kind regards,

Bogdan Teodorescu

Product Owner
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: teodorb

@teodorb

Hello, 

I attached here a Revit File showing an assembly for a precast panels with a steel reinforcement, now we need to extract this reinforcement in PXML format in order to send this file directly to the steel mesh machine.

we have tried several ways but it's not working.

appreciate your support.

Bahaa

Message 5 of 7
teodorb

Hi @Anonymous,

For the current version, you would be able to export to PXML only if your assembly would be an assembly obtianed using the Precast add-on. This means that the would should have been split. What you could do, it to select you wall and use split command  and you will obtain an assembly containing also the reinforcement. In order to send the information for the welding machine, you need to have a custom fabric sheet. More details about how to create a custom fabric sheet can be found here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-9D16903F-FA5E-4DCB-8DCD-109C789D4743

As a rule, the fabric are sent as mesh whereas the rebar is sent as loose reinforcement.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Kind regards,

Bogdan Teodorescu

Product Owner
Message 6 of 7
JavadHamidi

Hello, I can.t find any viewer for PXML and  Unitechnik
Please send me a download link if you have this

Message 7 of 7
michael_stauber

ist möglicherweise das ".pxml"-Format vom "DESITE DWFx-Export" gemeint? 

Hier ist das die "Datei mit zusätzlichen Attributen" (so wird es beim DESITE-Import erkannt und benannt.)

Ich suche ebenfalls nach einer Möglichkeit, dieses Format aus Revit zu exportieren. 
Basis wäre eine geschaltene 3D-Ansicht.
Exportiert werden sollen nur Parameter / Ausprägungen. 

Vielen Dank im Voraus für hilfreiche Antworten, Links oder Schlagworte! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report