Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

precast concrete stairs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1977 Views, 2 Replies

precast concrete stairs

Hi,

I'm wondering is revit the correct tool for the job. We currently only work up 2D drawings for stairs but due to the need to work in BIM i'm wondering is Revit the best tool to use to do precast stair drawings. We need to be able to work up precast stairs with attached landings, support angles and screeds etc but the standard stair produced in revit isn't really like what we need. Is there any way that we can change this and also produce reinforcement drawings and schedules using revit? Hope you can help / advise.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes.

Instead of making using the standard stair function (i guess only architects might use this) you best model the stair within a family.

I suggest using the generic family type, or misuse the  Structural Framing - Complex and Trusses (has some family properties i havent found in any other).

If you model the stair within a family, it can be anying you want, plus you can use parameters on dimension to even shape some parts of the stairs in your project as variantions from a single base. Think of stuff that is variable in your precast mold, you can try making those variable in the family your building.

After loading the family into a project, you can fit it into its final situation and detail it on your drawing.

For the Reinforcements, you can either draw it 2D in the sections on project level, or even put that in 3d.

here an example that was made in revit:

example_precast_stair.PNG

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have just tried to do this again as I hadn’t a lot of time to experiment until now. I had tried to set parameters for stair nosing and landing widths but it didn’t work out the best. I’m happy enough to model them just the parameters would have been useful. Unfortunately changing nosing sizes to 0 isn’t allowed. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report