Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part not same size as host

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
helgiBDNE6
178 Views, 3 Replies

Part not same size as host

I've had a few cases of this now, where I have a prefab sandwich wall where the layers are split into parts and one of the parts will be a few mm shorter than the parent.  I know I can "Show shape handles" and correct it, but that becomes a lot of extra tedious manual work for something that should just generally be correct.  The wall ends have been cut with generic ends that have been added to get the correct sandwich shape.

Am I missing some obvious feature or just "not doing it right"?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: helgiBDNE6

could you explain on a screen shot plz

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
helgiBDNE6

Hey ahmed_heteba,

thanks for replying, I'll make an honest attempt to explain with a screen shot.

It's a little difficult to show when the deviation is so small, but in the image below is the end of a sandwich wall with rebars coming out of the structural concrete and the insulation shown in the back (3rd layer behind insulation not visible).  I have selected the insulation part and you can see the shape handle just below the middle of the screen.  If you look closely enough you can see there's a gap between the part end and the overall end of the wall.  The insulation defines this end of the wall and the part should reach the end, but it is 6,8 mm smaller.  The shape has been reset, so this is without any changes on my behalf.

I know I can drag the shape end to match the wall, but I first have to identify the gap and manually fix it.  I am using an add-on that dimensions automatically and it results in several walls having small measurements that need to be repaired manually.  I would think that any part should just reflect the item it is created from, but maybe there's something that I'm doing wrong or?

helgiBDNE6_0-1667987509541.png

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
helgiBDNE6

Ok, I caught a fairly good example of what I am trying to detail.  In the image below is the upper corner of a sandwich wall I am preparing manufacturing drawings for.  The first image shows the original wall, the second shows the parts. Same wall, same angle, view, except original vs part. Please notice how the outer concrete part of the wall now suddenly has an extra little nib at the intersection between it and the insulation (height is 20 mm).  

Autocad.png

I can show shape handles and make it smaller, but I cannot remove it and not make it too small.  IF, I'm able to identify it, that is.

Normally this wouldn't be an issue (because it's usually very small), except I am using 3rd party addons that dimension the parts and now I'm getting measurements that make no sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report