Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd length planar rebar

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
darylC9EKB
259 Views, 3 Replies

Odd length planar rebar

The project that i am working on has a lot of odd shaped Rebar specified by the design consultant.

the only way that i can think of producing the rebar is multi Planar but the legs need to be different lengths to allow a 180 degree return to be included on one end, with straight lap to the rest of the reinforcing lower in the wall,

essentially the bar is an LL bar that has been cranked perpendicular to the top face that it protrudes from, the rebar is pictured attached, highlighted in Yellow, 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
anze.kumar
in reply to: darylC9EKB

Try to "play" with free form rebar shape by adjusting "Align/Close" option.. otherwise Multiplanat rebar is the only way probably.

anzekumar_0-1688458729653.png

Message 3 of 4

Hi @darylC9EKB 

The way you could do this, is to model a concrete host that would define this bar (i used a model in place) in this simple example, and then use surface distribution for defining the set.

ovidiu_paunescuautodesk_com_0-1688466370921.pngovidiu_paunescuautodesk_com_1-1688466446187.pngovidiu_paunescuautodesk_com_2-1688466546568.png

Ovidiu Paunescu, M.Sc. Str. Eng.

Sr. Product Owner | Autodesk Revit

Message 4 of 4

@ovidiu_paunescu Thanks for the solution, works perfectly once i picked the host, and start face end face in the correct order, by then dividing the Part created to get the correct geometry of the wall, and excluding it from the assembly, it has given the result required,  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report