Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New verse Old Steel Connection Bug

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
brenan.sellers
265 Views, 1 Reply

New verse Old Steel Connection Bug

I have used the new steel connections to add a base plate to my column after doing this I cannot add a gusset plate to the face of the column.  This is the old gusset plate family not one that is part of the new steel connections.  I can add the gusset plate to the column and then add the base plate.  Adding the new steel connection after also allows me to add more gusset plates to the column after the base plate.

Not really sure where the best place to report this is?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello Brenan,

This is a limitation caused by the fact that when you place a steel connection the geometrical shape of the column is replaced by a fabrication shape. 

Not all features were enhanced to work on the fabrication shape. The "face highlight" functionality was lost in the case of the place component command.

As a workaround the Gusset plate component can be placed on the face of the fabrication beam column, using the "Place on Workplane" option. A workplane must be set first, on the column face.

More about the fabrication shape can be found here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-8381A08F-CBCD-4215-AB36-82648C07B8F6

Regards,

Mihai Sandu

Sr. QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report