Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving or copying in 3D environment

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
ksekhavati
861 Views, 13 Replies

Moving or copying in 3D environment

I have drawn a wall in 3D with 2 ledges as shown in position 1. One ledge in near face of wall and one in the far face. I have 2 questions:

1. When I copy the wall randomly from position 1 to position 2, the far face ledge jumps up to top of wall as you can see in position 2.
  2. When I want to copy the wall, none of the snaps work in 3D. I tried to draw a detail line in the bottom left hand side of wall so that I can pick the end of line as my picking point the detail panel on the annotate ribbon is greyed out. In general I find it hard to use the snaps in 3D environment for moving or copying objects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Revit Quiry_13.JPG
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
L.Maas
in reply to: ksekhavati

I rarely do modeling work in 3D views (Revit is not optimal to work in those views). Most of the modelling I do in floorplan/ceiling views or sections/elevations. Much better control over positioning in those views.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 14
ksekhavati
in reply to: L.Maas

you may be right, but I still would like to know the answer to my question please

Message 4 of 14
L.Maas

Can you post the file so that we can see what you have done the screenshot does not give a lot of information

Which version of Revit are you using?

When I copy (using regular copy, not the clipboard copy) a wall I see snap points. The destination snap point will also appear if it is a valid position (I can copy in the same plane, not vertically)

Capture.JPG

Louis

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Using the shift key will help keep the object at the same level as long as you have the original one set to a level. When copying in 3D view Revit does not take the Z coordinates into consideration and will place it at any point on the Z plane. 

Message 6 of 14
ksekhavati

Hi Lou. sorry for the late reply. my internet was playing up. can you please let me have your e-mail address or tell how to attach files with messages here. I know how to add images here but not files.

Message 7 of 14
ksekhavati
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried that with no joy. I'll keep trying. Thanks anyway

Message 8 of 14
ksekhavati

sorry I forgot to mention i am using 2021 version of revit

Message 9 of 14
L.Maas

If you have problems with uploading here, than use a service like WeTransfer.

Louis

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
ksekhavati

Hi. I tried to use the we transfer web site, but it still is asking me for the recipient email address

Message 11 of 14
ksekhavati

Hi. I tried to use the we transfer web site, but it still is asking me for the recipient email address

Message 12 of 14
ToanDN

Just attach it here:

ToanDN_1-1593894754231.png

Message 13 of 14
ksekhavati
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks a lot for that. got it.

Message 14 of 14
ksekhavati

Please find attached the file requested.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report