Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Staggered Rebar Lapping possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
preetham_kaja
531 Views, 4 Replies

Is Staggered Rebar Lapping possible?

According to what I've heard, bar bending has been improved in the most recent version of Revit 2024.

May I know if is there any option for staggered lapping?? I heard that an extra Revit plugin, we can make but in Revit itself for such kind of option. I didn't see that there was no essential enhancement for this kind of lap in Revit itself. The technical reason was mentioned below. 

Technical Reason:- Generally, Major design codes encourage staggering lapped joints in tension by imposing a penalty on lap length depending on the proportion of bars lapped at the same section.
Please find below a snip for your reference.
Staggered Lapping_Revit Structture.JPG
#RevitStructure  #RebarDetailing  #RevitCommunity  #StaggeredLapppingdetailingfailed  #BIMCommunity
Thanks & Regards,
Manikant Preetham- 8121506507. 

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Revit Structure _Revit Rebar Staggered Lapping detail failed.]

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @preetham_kaja 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   I don't think there is a way to do this in Revit currently. As you mentioned there are some third-party applications that can cater to this detail arrangement. 

In this link, Lawrence Hooker shows a potential solution manually. 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 3 of 5

Hi @handjonathan very thanks for your reply, Yes I already watched that video but it was showing in a manual method. For the entire building, if I want to go with the manual method it consumes a lot of time for Structure LOD 400 process. 

Not only for that particular rebar this methodology I have to follow for everything of all the structural rebar elements example stirrup also.

For your more detail explanation, I was uploading the picture -1 & 2 .Picture-1 Says the actual site implementation rebar Staggered lapping stirrup. Picture-2 Says as per the Revit rebar why stirrups were not laid as per the Design code recommendations. 

RC COLUMN PICTURE-1.JPG RC COLUMN PICTURE-2.JPG

I know that few 3rd party subscriptions are there for this staggered concept. My thought was we are doing a digital representation for a construction process, every year Autodesk Revit was releasing new options happening. So,  why don't release this for the next release? 

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 5

Hi @preetham_kaja 

It would be best to take a look at the Revit Ideas and see if similar has been required or add a new idea if not listed. 

Thanks,

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 5 of 5

Hi @handjonathan very thanks for your reply. Yes i was already did

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report