Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Row Height

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2645 Views, 7 Replies

Increase Row Height

I have a revision box, which is basically a schedule. How do I increase just the height of the header row?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Revit_Whisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

The header row is sized height wise based on the text height.  If you increase the Header text height in the Revision schedule, it will automatically increase the Row Height of the header.  It is not manually adjustable.

Rev Sched Header.png

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Revit_Whisperer

Thanks. But I saw a post of this forum claiming that Autodesk had allowed
the manipulation for the header row. Increasing text size is not an option.
I have to match my client's AutoCAD titleblock and they will take exception
to text that is out-of-cue with their CAD standards. Equally unacceptable is
a shallow header row. I didn't want to hide the schedule header row and
manually create a fake one beneath the revision box. When exported back to
AutoCAD the layers will have different names, which I do not want as well.

Regards
Message 4 of 8
Revit_Whisperer

Can you include a link to that post please....I would love to be wrong about this...we have been asking for more control for ages 😃

I have looked at Revit 2015-2017 and the only manipulation I can do with the header is change the column width once it is placed on the sheet or stretch the entire schedule vertically

Message 5 of 8
apjones

You can make changes in the head of schedules, but I do not know of a way to do this within the Revision table.
Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Message 7 of 8
Revit_Whisperer

Thanks for providing the link....but that formula will only adjust the rows below the header, it does not effect the header itself.  Since this is a revision schedule and you will only need to modify the header once on the titleblock...you could just hide the header and use linework and text to represent the column headers....or you can use the workaround below.  You can still use the formula if you want the rows below the header to be taller.

I did find a workaround since we can resize the Title area.  You will notice if you place your cursor in the Title area of the schedule then on the ribbon select resize you can change the height of that row...but that only works on the Title area.  For the workaround we want to mimic the header info, so if you place your cursor inside of the title area, on the ribbon, insert a line below.  In the 3 title areas type in the Rev. headers info.  Select the Title row above and delete it.  Next, hide the header.  You will end up with what looks like the header that is larger without changing the text height.

Video

As a side note...when using the formula to adjust rows so they double up, I noticed that on a regular schedule if I squeeze the size of the column down too far it goes back to its normal row height.  I did a quick video on what I am seeing in the model...Video

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks a lot. In future Autodesk should really provide Revit users with this control.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report