Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I define a elevation path for foundation?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dmendozaSJ4JV
391 Views, 4 Replies

How can I define a elevation path for foundation?

I have a perimetral fence which have elevation variations along all of its lenght, and I need to place the foundation for the posts, my question is that if there is a way to define the path to follow for the footings to place them at the correct elevation to not have to place them one by one

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
apjones
in reply to: dmendozaSJ4JV

I have not tried this, but I think you would have to draw a 3D model line along the topo surface (or whatever reference you have) and model in place using a sweep.

Beyond that, I don't know of a way.
Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5

you will need a dynamo script not applicable by pure Revit as i know.

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
leh_dyl
in reply to: dmendozaSJ4JV

How many footings are there? It's tedious but there are number of ways to do it. I would personally just cut a section (like you've done) after placing all footings in on plan, and then manually offset them one by one from the ground level.

Message 5 of 5
dmendozaSJ4JV
in reply to: apjones

It could be an option, I would try, thank u very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report