Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the Wall/Opening edges in a opening cut?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
522 Views, 1 Reply

Hiding the Wall/Opening edges in a opening cut?

Building a family with a built in Header for an opening and unique level 1 and 2 appearances thru V/G control.  Currently I have reference plane controlling the symbolic lines on their own object style set to 'projection', and have the V/G configured in the project to display how I'd like on L1 and L2 respectively, but what I can't figure out is how to shut off the opening lines in the wall/opening itself.  The lines set red are how I'd like the opening to appear when placed.

I can't seem to find a way to mask it using a filled region, or any visual control for the opening itself.  The opening cut is placed along with all of the symbolic lines in the family, no nested models here.  

(I attempted a nested detail item family over the top, but it wouldn't work either, and running out of other ideas.)

Family is a "Generic Model" with defined sub-categories.

2021-08-04_9-16-25.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Appears those lines are completely controlled by the opening cut.  Opening cuts have no properties to control visibility.  If I use a nested opening in the "Generic Model" it won't show the opening in 3D short of wirelines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators