Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Area Reinforcement Data into Families - How ??

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
stinkundies
1774 Views, 8 Replies

Get Area Reinforcement Data into Families - How ??

I've been trying for over a month now to create an area reinforcement symbol that matches what I need.
I need to get the reinforcement data out of the model that the annotation family will be put in, but can't figure out how. It must be possible, because the rebar tag accesses the data and lets you select what you want, and even the rebar symbol accesses the major and minor bar but does not distinguish between top and bottom.

By the way I have added an image of what I am trying to get my area reinforcement to look like.W5AS1 ROOF SLAB_Page_1.png

Please I am trying to learn Revit, so I don't want plugins even though they are wonderfully useful, I need to learn how do do this.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
shefypattambi
in reply to: stinkundies

Hi @stinkundies ,

1) You have to use multi rebar tag option to annotate your rebar as you shown in the picture. You can even assign shortcut to access multi rebar tag in revit. Here is an Example.

image.png

image.png

First you create a proper multi rebar tag as per your requirements as shown like this.

image.pngThen Select a proper tag for your case. The dimension family you can set like in this picture.

image.png

2)In order to get the rebar layer information like top and bottom in your tag you have to first create a shared instance parameter  for rebar category like "Bar Layer" and when you create rebar just feed this "Bar Layer" as T or B etc. Then Create a Rebar tag including this Shared parameter.  If you have doubt in this procedure feel free to ask. I will help you. I am attaching a sample Model for you in Revit 2019.

Message 3 of 9
stinkundies
in reply to: shefypattambi

Thankyou for yout help, I really appreciate it as I'm pretty much stuck, and you have shown it can be done.

I tried the multirebar option, but I'm doing something wrong. see image.MultiRebarArea.PNG

I'm sorry to be a trouble, but I don't understand any of what you said. I am still learning and it's probably too much information at once.

I don't even know what to ask to help you make it clear.

Please can you try to explain in really basic steps.

Also sorry I have Revit 2018 so I don't think I can open your Revit file.

Message 4 of 9
shefypattambi

Hi @stinkundies ,

Dont worry, I will upload a vedio for you..mean while you select the rebar and make it visible in your current window. Also once you select the rebar in each direction and both top and bottom you will get an option to show only the middle bar in the ribbon..select that one. And show me that picture.

Message 5 of 9
stinkundies

Thanks, I managed to get that right:

4MiddleBars-AreaRebar.PNG

Message 6 of 9
shefypattambi

Hi @stinkundies ,

Now try to tag this rebar with multi rebar annotation. Select suitable settings that I show to in my previous post pictures.

Message 7 of 9
stinkundies

Thanks Shefypattambi,

I've got the multirebar annotation added and the tag added.

I'll have to  figure out how to get the circle into the middle like yours, and rotate the tag to align with the dimension lines. But so far so good...

Thanks for your help. I can't wait to see your video. Of course I know that will take some time, I've made a few, and they can take days to complete and edit even with plenty of time.revitReoNoTagRotate.PNG

Message 8 of 9
shefypattambi

Hi @stinkundies ,

Here is the Screen Cast.

https://autode.sk/2WiEV6t

Message 9 of 9
stinkundies

Thanks Shefypattambi

That shows exactly what I needed to know.

You have provided a perfect answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report