Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Elevation Mark body

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chriskD6WP2
532 Views, 6 Replies

Editing Elevation Mark body

I'm trying to create a custom Elevation Mark Body family based on the OOTB family. I just want to have the text centered rather than having the text show up as shown in the screenshot. Whenever I try something, I get an error and I end up breaking some parameter. Ha!

Suggestions?

chriskD6WP2_0-1612968444205.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hmunsell
in reply to: chriskD6WP2

the elevation symbol you see in the plan view is actually 2 different family combined. the Body and the Pointer. the label information is in the Pointer. 

you should just need to edit the "Elevation Mark Pointer_Square" family under Families > Annotation Symbols. then select the label and change the justification to Center. move the label as needed after you change the justification. once that is done Capture.JPGLoad to Project/save the family.

Capture 2.JPG

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
chriskD6WP2

This is the error message I get after following your directions and loading the family into the current project.

chriskD6WP2_0-1612970817936.png

Message 4 of 7
hmunsell

interesting.... if only the justification parameter of the label is changed and Not anything else, that shouldn't have happened. can you upload the family for us to look at?

did you try to load the family i attached? did that do the same thing?

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
chriskD6WP2

Well, I only get that error if I click on the label and try to drag it to the center. If I click on the label and use my arrow keys to move it to the center, nothing breaks. 

Strange...

Message 6 of 7
chriskD6WP2

No, I didn't try using your family. I wanted to see if I could get ours working before I called the problem solved by using your family. No offense but I hope you understand.

Here is the family. You may or may not get the same results but at least I know how to avoid my problem. Ha!

Message 7 of 7
hmunsell

LOL, not a problem. I'm the same way... I want to fix it myself to learn how :-). 

it sounds like it the label you have may be aligned to a reference plane in the family so when you try to "move" it it breaks the alignment, hence the error message. 

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report