Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Column tag with elevations and labels?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TJR-Sundt
3582 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Column tag with elevations and labels?

I work in the construction industry and have been asked to create a column tag that has a lot of information on it so that we don't need to look at mulitpule sheets or schedules to get all the information needed.

I am trying to create a column tag that has custom shared parameters and need that tag to include the top and bottom elevations of the columns.  In the tag that I have created I have up in a simple formula that gives me the overall height of the column but isn't very helpful when we need the exact top and bottom elevations.  Does anyone know how to create a custom column tag that shows the top and bottom elevations as well as custom parameters?  I have also tried to use spot elevation tags but it won't allow me to add labels to them.  Attached is an image that shows that I am trying to create.

Custom Column tag.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Chris_Baze
in reply to: TJR-Sundt

Did you ever find out how to do this?

Message 3 of 6
TJR-Sundt
in reply to: Chris_Baze

I couldn't get the actual elevations on in the tag like I wanted.  I ended up making a custom peramater "CL Height"; which worked out better in the long run for the guys using my drawings in the field.

Column Tag.jpg

Message 4 of 6
GatisM
in reply to: TJR-Sundt

Hi,

topic is very old, but I was searching for column elevations show in plans too. I didn't find anything.

I created work around, its prety simple anyway it's faster than manually place text on plans.

1. Added two shared parameters to structural column category. Instance, length parameters. As levels of Building don't changes its value I can use it to calculate column elevation. It must be manually input. Can select all column by storeys and input values.

1.PNG

2. Create tag with calculated value.

2.PNG

3. Done. For me works very well. Place tags on plans with column elevations.

3.PNG

Mark as a solution if helpd, and will be glad for cudos!

Message 5 of 6
KIMRAMFI
in reply to: GatisM

We have created a dynamo script for this. Of course it is manual and have to remember to run everytime when something is changed to the model. Same scripts does also the top and bottom elevations for walls.

I created two shared parameters Elevation at Top and Elevation at Bottom and dynamo script will fill the information into these fields. 

Message 6 of 6
kieran.atherton
in reply to: KIMRAMFI

Hi, Could you send me over the script please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report