Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating parameters for arrays

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
braicodavid
203 Views, 2 Replies

Creating parameters for arrays

Hello,

I am finding it very difficult to use arrays efficiently. I have used then in families before but I am just unable to get this one to work.

Constraining arrays seems to be half the issue. my sweep or extrusion loses all constraints as soon as you array it. the way i have gotten around this before is to just create a "0" dimension and apply that to the array objects (first and second object) to constrain it.I would usually then have planes constrained to the arrayed object and control that with parameters. But this family just doesn't want to work for me. 

I keep getting "constraints are not satisfied" error 

I have tried to make it as basic as I can without functions etc, but it just won't work.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

David

P.S. My Problem is that when trying to constrain the object to planes (constrained planes), the planes want to move not the object. I can't work out why the object won't just move to the plane. I can drag it around fine but when adding a dimension parameter it just decides that the plane should move not the object.

Very frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: braicodavid

Not much to go on. Maybe you can post the family so we can see what you have?

It normally becomes easier when you nest the object that you want to array.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 3
braicodavid
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi Louis,

I have attached the family and it's become messy.

I am having difficulty constraining the vent (the void extrusion) 

I want it to evenly space along that angled section. but I can't seem to constrain it and this will become a problem due to the fact that the Width, Depth and Height of the entire object will change and thus causing the angled section to change.

Thank you,

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report