Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create shared instance parameter calling X,Y coordinates from project base point

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
thillYSMCS
2972 Views, 4 Replies

Create shared instance parameter calling X,Y coordinates from project base point

Hey all,

I'm trying to add a shared instance parameter to a very simple family (3-D box mass). I want to be able to schedule out the locations of these elements in plan as they relate to a common base point. Ideally, each scheduled element would have x,y coordinates denoting the location of the element. To do this, I think I need a shared instance parameter that is dictated by the placement of the 3-D element in the project environment. Seems like something users would pretty commonly need, but haven't found a way yet - thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: thillYSMCS

In plain Revit you can place spot coordinates (Annotate tab) to indicate the position of elements.

If you really would like to make use of parameters you could use Dynamo to write a script to find the location and then write the values to the parameters.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5

When I have to create a Coordinates Table for Site management and I don't use AutoCAD Data Extraction but I want to do it entirely in Revit, then I use a method which consists of a Generic Model Adaptive  Family with Shared Parameters ( X, Y and Angle -Instance Report) and a Schedule for Generic Model.

I think that , in your case, can be used a simplified version of my method....something like in my screencast:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/2b1ac7b9-4b8f-49de-b1a9-01a1dfaaede3

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

@constantin.stroescu  that's a slick work-around. It's a shame the Revit interface has no direct way to query relative model geometry, but I'm guessing (hoping) that's probably something forthcoming from Autodesk. Appreciate the video, I'll look at building that into my family.

Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

I see your video, It's very use for me thanks for the information. Can you please share with me the your share parameters TXT file. Apart from this. I need to add X and Y Coordinate value in the Lighting fixture family. because I need to add it on lighting fixture schedule. 

Can you please guide me for the same. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report