Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints - Family - Conveyor

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DjensenSHUHU
287 Views, 3 Replies

Constraints - Family - Conveyor

Very new to Revit.  I have made a conveyor family model.  I inserted AutoCAD models of the head and discharge and then placed a Revit model of the trough between.  I constrained the AutoCAD models with reference planes and locked the trough to those planes.  After setting the parameters, I can change  the length of the conveyor and the head and discharge remain in the correct position.  When I load the conveyor into the model, the constraints will not allow me to incline or rotate the conveyor.  What would my next steps be to correct the family model to make this work.

CONVEYOR.PNGCONVEYOR2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: DjensenSHUHU

edit you family and uncheck always vertical? thanks

P2.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4
syman2000

Check off the vertical as@ennujozlagam said and also check on workplane base. Once you do this, you should be able to host it on surface or workplane.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 4
DjensenSHUHU

I am still missing something.  The 12-SWR (SIDNEY) works like I want, The HI ROLLER 48 does not.  I can't duplicate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report