Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable tray (cable ladder) )appearance in IFC

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3104 Views, 5 Replies

Cable tray (cable ladder) )appearance in IFC

I've loaded cable tray families, making the default trays into ladders and everything was good until I noticed that IFC exported cable trays are still displayed as boxes instead of ladders.

As i understand, cable trays are a system family and you can't really edit them, but if another family type is selected, why does IFC still display the box? Is there a checkbox i can't find that fixes it?

1.PNG4.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bump? Anything wrong with my question?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi

When you export IFC you can use the active 3D view when creating geometry.

Cabletray.JPG

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you!

Opened the 3D view and used a custom IFC setting with the geometry enabled. This is perfect, thank you very much!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I also facing the same problem while exporting *.ifc file from Revit, the all cable trays are showing as box type in navis after appending the exported ifc, though the original cable trays are shown in Revit as tray without box in detail level as fine and visual style as shaded.

Can anyone tell me from where I will get this "Modify Setup" pop up to check "Use active view when creating geometry"?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

A small addition: you need to make sure you do not have the cable ladders 'grouped', otherwise the above does not work and you still end up with boxes instead of ladders in the IFC export.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators