Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam to Beam Connection With Different Heights

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2191 Views, 2 Replies

Beam to Beam Connection With Different Heights

When using a Beam/Column connection or Beam/Beam connection Revit shows a gap between the two members in plan and then you can adjust how it looks in section with "Change Reference" and "Coping". 

However when doing a Beam/Beam connection one of the Beams is typically at a lower elevation because it has joists on it and when you try to do a Beam/Beam connection with beams at two different heights Revit no longer puts the gap where they are joining. Doing a manual adjustment to make them look right in plan is fine unless you are showing an elevation and then you have a gap between your Beams instead of showing them connecting.

Does anyone have a solution or a work around to fix both Plan and Elevation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jason.P
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried using your "z offset value" instead of your "start and end level offset"  in your beam properties. I find if I use the start and end offset there is no gap, but if I use my z offset there is a gap. Z offset will also work better with your anaylical model. 

Jason Peters
BIM Manager
Autodesk Expert Elite Alumni
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jason.P

I have not tried that yet but I will definitely give it a shot. Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report