Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam system with trusses under a sloped roof

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
atejeraLXRTJ
2057 Views, 6 Replies

Beam system with trusses under a sloped roof

Hello all,

I already create a beam system under a sloped roof (see attached jpg) but I am needing that the beam system attached the top of each individual framing element (trusses in this case) to the bottom of the roof.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jbrazier
in reply to: atejeraLXRTJ

Your trusses must be set to Bearing Chord - Bottom to maintain the bottom chords remain at the same elevation.  Select your trusses and select Attach Top/Bottom, check Top and then select your roof.  The bottom of truss should stay where it was but the top chord should extend up to the roof.  You may have to Remove the Beam System.

Jon Brazier
Director of Production Technology
O'Donnell & Naccarato
Philadelphia, Pa.
Message 3 of 7
atejeraLXRTJ
in reply to: jbrazier

Hello jbrazier,

I did it step by step but when I select the truss or trusses, I do not have the option of Attach Top/Bottom 😞

I don't know if the truss family has to do anything with that?

Message 4 of 7
jbrazier

What truss type are you using? It has to be a "flat" truss not gabled, or tapered. The Howe Flat Truss works well, if you're using a custom truss family I'm not sure if it will work the same way.
Jon Brazier
O'Donnell & Naccarato
Philadelphia, Pa.
Message 5 of 7
atejeraLXRTJ
in reply to: jbrazier

I am using a family from the Revit library: TJL Wood Open Web Joist... should I use other family instead?

Message 6 of 7
jbrazier

That's a joist family not a truss. Joist families have fixed depth and won't adjust.
Jon Brazier
O'Donnell & Naccarato
Philadelphia, Pa.
Message 7 of 7
Studioearl

I've been trying to get my truss to host (not attach/shape change) to the bottom of a roof (see pics)
In section, ideally, they'd be perpendicular to the slope, but I could tolerate them being vertical but all below the roof.

a separate question, my truss when placing them and picking plane (bottom of roof) seem to be attaching with the bottom cord on the top plane of the roof. is there a way to make the top of the top cord default to the bottom of the roof?

Studioearl_0-1719658297300.png

Studioearl_2-1719658340516.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators