Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding dimensions at a 3D model

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2548 Views, 6 Replies

Adding dimensions at a 3D model

Hello to everyone,

I am currently trying to add some dimensions on the 3d view, as an exemple I want to measure the distance between the floor on the left of the column, on the center, and the floor on the ritgh. You can see waht I am saying on the picture that I am uploading. To do this, I tryed to put the view that I wanted in a sheet and measure it.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
L.Maas
in reply to: Anonymous

I notice you are asking a lot of (basic) questions. This is not a problem, but I think it will be much more efficient if you start with a basic course of Revit. Then it will become much clear how Revit operates and where to look to solve issues. There are plenty of good sources like books (e.g Mastering Series,  books by Paul Aubin), Video courses (e.g. Lynda, PluralSight) or classical courses.

To dimension inside a orthographic 3d view you need to lock the 3d view. You have to make sure that the workplane is laying in the right direction. Also the objects you dimension need to be parallel.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

Activate the view, set the workplane where you want to place the dimension, then start dimensioning.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN@L.Maas, thank for the help! I was woundering, what is a workplane?

Message 5 of 7
EdwinG

@Anonymous

There are a lot of movies regarding Revit on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=revit+workplane

I suggest that you watch the movies and then, if you don't understand, ask your question.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

@ToanDN@L.Maas, thank for the help! I was woundering, what is a workplane?

Workplane is one the most essential parts of Revit that you need to master, it is equivalent to UCS in AutoCAD.  Almost everything in Revit is modeled based on workplanes.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Message 7 of 7
ennujozlagam

sample here. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report