Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why we should insert Plumbing Fixture from Systems tab to model the Plumbing NOT from Architecture tab?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
zulkiflifaiz88
588 Views, 7 Replies

why we should insert Plumbing Fixture from Systems tab to model the Plumbing NOT from Architecture tab?

Usually we insert plumbing system using Plumbing Fixture even though in architecture tab we can still insert plumbing component using place a component from architecture tab...need the answer asp

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: zulkiflifaiz88

Fixture in Architectural library have no connections.  Some of them require a particular host such as a wall in the same model, so you can't just place on a link's wall surface.

Message 3 of 8
zulkiflifaiz88
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the answer ToanDN, I really appreciate it😊. By the way, is there any other other reason beside the one you give? I just want to make sure😅

Message 4 of 8
ToanDN

@zulkiflifaiz88 wrote:

Thanks for the answer ToanDN, I really appreciate it😊. By the way, is there any other other reason beside the one you give? I just want to make sure😅

I am sure there are more reasons.  But I am not an MEP person so let's others who are more familiar in this field shed some light.

Message 5 of 8
iainsavage

@ToanDN is correct regarding the families in the Architectural and MEP plumbing fixture libraries.

I read your question/statement differently though. You seemed to be saying that you can insert a plumbing fixture by clicking on Plumbing Fixture on the Systems tab in the model, but you can also use the general Component icon to insert a Plumbing Fixture as well?
Yes that is correct behaviour.
Component lists all available components in your model of all categories. Plumbing Fixture, Light Fixture, Sprinkler, Mechanical Equipment etc only give you a filtered sub-set of families the appropriate category.

Both methods are valid but using the Plumbing Fixture option will get you to the Plumbing Fixture family quicker.

Message 6 of 8
zulkiflifaiz88
in reply to: iainsavage

@iainsavage thanks for your answer, firstly I would like to apologize if my statement has made you a little confused I am actually not that fluent in English😅, but still I really appreciate the answer you give me😁

Message 7 of 8
iainsavage

I’m not confused - I was answering what you said in the post title i.e. Systems tab versus Architecture tab.

Hopefully I’ve answered that but if you need more help just come back and we’ll try again.

Message 8 of 8
zulkiflifaiz88
in reply to: iainsavage

@iainsavage yes you have answered my question😁, of course if I get another problem I will come here again👍

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report