Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to see Celling in HVAC Floor Plan.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2227 Views, 10 Replies

Want to see Celling in HVAC Floor Plan.

Hi Everyone I want to see Ceiling in Hvac Floor Plan for Air outlet Coordination, so what should I use View Range level in pic.

1.PNG2.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bsammis
in reply to: Anonymous

When creating your views, choose Reflected Ceiling Plan rather than Floor Plan, then adjust your view range as necessary to span the floor to floor height of the building level.

Message 3 of 11
geraldcdc

You can set your cut plan higher than ceiling height.

In my case I lost furniture which I want to see together. 

Message 4 of 11
scott_dakin2
in reply to: geraldcdc

I would suggest using an RCP for positioning of ceiling mounted equipment.

That is specifically what they are for.

Unfortunately stairs and ceiling show from the bottom, upside down. Whichever genius thought that was a good idea..... really....

Message 5 of 11
RobDraw

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone I want to see Ceiling in Hvac Floor Plan for Air outlet Coordination,

Revit does not let you. AFAIK, the only way to see the ceiling grid is in an RCP. If this is for printing, you need to overlay a view of just the ceiling grid on aligned with the ductwork floor plan.

IMHO, the practice of showing ducts or piping in a RCP view or showing ceiling grids on a floor plan are drafting faux pas. They are mistakenly accepted in the industry and actually wrongly required by some places.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 6 of 11
stever66
in reply to: RobDraw

Yes, it will let you.  Although the required settings are a complete mystery to me.  (Edit:  Revit 2017 by the way.)

For example, I have a ceiling in a linked plan at about 9' AFF.   To show this on a floor plan, I have to set my cut plane above the ceiling ( say 12'), top range above that (say 14'), and bottom range below the ceiling ( 0' for example.)

That will show the outline of my ceiling grid, but not the actual 2x2 grid pattern.  To show the grid pattern, I have to go to the view properties, and set the Underlay option to "look up".  This works even though the cut plane is above the grid, and even though I have the underlay set to "none". 

Go figure.

Also, the view has to be set for a mechanical or electrical discipline.   Grids don't show up on "coordination" discipline  views.

Message 7 of 11
RobDraw
in reply to: stever66

When I tried this it didn't work at all. The grid was not visible and the results were not desirable. All the usual floor plan items were no longer visible, i.e. walls, doors, furniture, etc.

Rob

Message 8 of 11
stever66
in reply to: RobDraw

If the ceiling doesn't show up, maybe your view is set to hidden line?  Try wireframe.

And I never said that all the usual stuff would stay on, just that you can get the ceiling to show up in a floor plan.  Although, you might be able to fix that by adding an underlay.

Message 9 of 11
m.voss.alvine

is this just for internal coordination or for an issued plan?  if its just for internal coordinate, use a reflected ceiling plan.  if you are trying to create a plan for issue, you can create a rcp plan with only the grid visible and place it on top of your hvac plan on the sheet.

Revit MEP 2015 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional

remember to 'accept as solution' if this helped
Message 10 of 11
RobDraw

@stever66 wrote:

I never said that all the usual stuff would stay on, just that you can get the ceiling to show up in a floor plan. 

Then it's no longer a floor plan, is it? The OP did as for a ceiling grid on a floor plan. I'm assuming this is like the multitude of questions about how to do something similar to seeing ceiling grids in AutoCAD.

Rob

Message 11 of 11
geraldcdc

Recently when I happened turn on "ceiling view ceiling grid" and "floor plan view ceiling grid", show both view on sheet over, the ceiling tiles doesn't line up in some rooms.

Yes, they are same ceiling. If I delete one from one view, it disappeared from another view.

My colleague said send to Autodesk to solve.

So the ceiling view over floor view is a good solution by now even it seems like "should be a better way".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report