Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating existing levels from Linked Revit file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cbirchwood
1391 Views, 7 Replies

Updating existing levels from Linked Revit file

we have a BIM360 project that has been "completed" for all intents and purposes. Now, due to VE efforts, each floor on the building is being shortened to save money on steel and glass. The linked structural and architectural models have new levels coming through, but our copied levels in the MEP model are the old levels. 

how to I update the levels in the MEP model? I have started to copy in the new levels, but I started getting errors about needing to delete objects and I didn't want to risks losing content. Please help.

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: cbirchwood

If you did not copy monitor levels from a governing model (architectural or structural) then you just need to go to a section, turn on levels for both your model and the linked model, and align / move your levels to match.
Message 3 of 8
cbirchwood

So I went to the section and tried align our copied levels to the Structural levels and it would not let me move them unless I was willing to delete certain conten, it this normal?

Message 4 of 8
ToanDN

It is normal. For example if the floor to floor height is lower then some vertical ducts need to be eliminated. You need to do a one over to check things like that.
Message 5 of 8
cbirchwood

I will give it a try and report back

Message 6 of 8
cbirchwood

We are currently moving elements that we do not wish to be deleted to within the range of the new level top and bottom ranges prior to adjusting to new levels

Message 7 of 8
cbirchwood

I've been continuing to grapple with the issues of reconciling the new levels with the old ones. Here the the present issue I'm having to overcome. when I open the model form BIM360, I have the option to copy fixture positions-in this case update-from the linked model. I try to do that each time, but it fails to do so, therefore I have the following problem. I have the linked models plumbign fixtures copy/monitored in and their location is not updating to the new elevations in the hosted elements. I have attached an image to illustrate the problem; please see. What can I do to get these to update? They are smart fixtures with connections on them, so my piping is connected in with the copied fixtures in the host model.

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw

If the automation isn't working, you probably have to adjust them yourself. I actually prefer this method as the automation often breaks the systems and requires adjustment afterwards. Doing them manually helps me make sure that I don't miss anything.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report