Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Flow not matching Piping flow

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
revitworkbench
281 Views, 2 Replies

System Flow not matching Piping flow

Hi, I just when through piece by piece and made sure all of my equipment was populating its preset flow parameter into my piping system. It was a tedious process but I got it to work and I felt confident that I did it right because both supply and return came out exactly the same. However when I selected the system itself in revit, I got a much smaller number for the system flow than what was shown in the pipes. Why is that? How is that possible? See first image below. I figured maybe something was funny with the system in the mechanical room so I selected Divide System and then I got a HIGHER number than what my highest flow in my pipes dictates I should have. Second image. Anybody have any idea what is going on? Thanks!Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

So I seem to have found the problem, although the piping is being populated by these units, they are not inheriting the system that they are connected to. Anyone have any ideas why this might be? or an easy way to fix it? I have 44 of these units not pulling in their proper systems and dont want to do it manually but I will if I have to. You can see when I exported the family and system name, no system name was in these 44 units, while  others of the same family type did pull in the system?? weird. Anyone know why?Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 3

Ok,

I found out what the problem was. Either the unit or the piping were on different Phases, or phase demolished. However, if I change the phase demolished of the piping EVERY SINGLE PIPE CONNECTION GETS DISCONNECTED. Not just the connections to the units, but ALL OF THEM. All of the pipes to all of the fittings, as well as all of the equipment connections all over the entire system. THEN it sets the piping system to "undefined" and I cant even change it back from that, to an actual system type! See below. If I change the phase demolished of the mech equipment, then ir refuses to be pulled into the piping system I am connecting to, thereby not populating into the system browser. Is there anyway around this problem? Or do I have  to redraw all the piping in all the systems over again? Thanks!Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report