Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some pipes thicker than others in 2013?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RandMan
719 Views, 3 Replies

some pipes thicker than others in 2013?

The attachment illustrates a job modeled in version 2012, then converted to 2013.  The view is set to "Thick Lines", but this is just so we can show you how it plots.  I believe these lines are all the same pipe type.  Since we are in the process of converting to 2013, I'll have to go back and check this out myself, but I thight this was worth posting.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RandMan

I would say - have you checked your lineweight settings for elements treated as <Beyond>. I am guessing from your screenshot that the main pipe distribution is below floor level. Depending on how you set your view range will affect how Revit deals with the lines - in this case most likely <Beyond>. Try changing the projection and see it that makes a difference as it will most probably have a different value to your pipes category

Linetsyles.JPG

Message 3 of 4
RandMan
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks,

I am swampped right now, trying to get another job out (in v2012).  I will check this out.  So are you saying that these settings for the "Lines" category affect the "Pipes" category?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RandMan

Yes - they are over-rides based on view ranges, interactions with other model elements etc.

You may want to consider transferring project standards/lienstyles between the 2012 model and the upgraded 2013 model to see if that makes a difference. You also may need to check your lineweights in the 2013 upgrade to make sure they match the 2012 version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report