Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Fitting Annotation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
781 Views, 9 Replies

Section View Fitting Annotation

Hello Forum Helpers,

We are having a lot of issues with fitting annotations not showing properly in section views even when the plan view scaling and annotation is correct. I have no idea what setting is affecting this in the project or family and could really use some help connecting the dots. 

The annotation scale is correct in a plan view, but shrinks down in a section view even when both are the same scale.

Any help that is not recommending different fittings would be greatly appreciated. I need to get these particular ones to work, but am just stuck on this one issue.

Thank you,

-R

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
iainsavage
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are absolutely sure that the view scales are the same then I would examine the families to check that they have the same 2D lines, reference planes, dimensions and constraints in the elevations as they do in the reference view. Sometimes they are only input properly in plan and not in elevation.

Message 3 of 10
hmunsell

Use Annotation Scale can be set globally, it can also be set by element. check the individual fittings and see if they have the Use Annotation Scale selected or not.

Capture.JPG

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: iainsavage

The families have the same dimensions and constraints in the elevations. I had to use different model lines but attach them to the same dimensions otherwise they would not show up in all rotations of the fitting.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: hmunsell

annotation scale has no affect on the section sizing, but changes the plan sizing to shrink even smaller than the appearance in section.

Message 6 of 10
hmunsell

would you be able to upload the model, or part of the model, for us to look at?

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I cannot upload the model I am testing in, but I can upload an old default fitting that reacts the same way to help test if it's a family issue or a project issue. This one had the same result where the section appearance was unacceptably smaller and barely visible compared to the plan view in the same scale.

Message 8 of 10
hmunsell

the family looks fine. only thing i did to it was set all the line work to show in Top/Left/Plan views.

in the Model, i set your Tee in my roughing preferences for my pipe type. Then i selected the pipe run, filtered all the fittings and unchecked the use annotation scale. i personalty don't like using it, i usually leave it off. i find it causes more issues than it fixes. The fitting in both views look fine. the Box in the plan and section is a 10'sq scope box so i can zoom and make sure there the same visually on my screen.

is there any way you can make a new file and draw some pipe to show the issue and upload it?

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I started a basic template and threw in two fittings that are inconsistent between section and plan in various ways.  

Message 10 of 10
iainsavage

@Anonymous wrote:

annotation scale has no affect on the section sizing, but changes the plan sizing to shrink even smaller than the appearance in section.

This would imply that the 2D geometry is not flexing properly and I would again suggest that you double check the constraints etc in the left/right and front/back views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators