Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room/Space name parameters in MEP components

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
patrik.kvirenc
6664 Views, 7 Replies

Room/Space name parameters in MEP components

Hello,

I would like to ask for advice. I have an architectural model from which I have created spaces in the MEP. Using the Space naming utility, I copied the name and room number into the spaces in MEP model. This was not a problem to create, but now I need to assign these spaces to the MEP components that are in the  right space (room). We talk about: pipe accessories, mechanical devices, fittings, MEP endings, sprayers, fan coils, etc.

Example: Gasometer i have in Space (room) number 1.01, name Gas engine room = space parameters.

And I would like to have these parameters (number 1.01 and name Gas engine room) even for the gas meter element = pipe accessories.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

Patrik Kvirenc

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cvoight
in reply to: patrik.kvirenc

Some families are automatically associated with the space in which they are located. ("in which they are located" being key words. You will likely need to make use of Room Calculation Points to make everything work properly.)

What is the goal here? To show the space name and number in a schedule? If so, you can do that by choosing "Spaces" in the "Select available fields from" option in the "Fields" tab of a schedule's properties. You can add the space name & number fields to a schedule from there.

Of course, not all families of interest have this option, including duct & pipe accessories. The Lunchbox package for Dynamo may provide a good starting point for collecting elements and assigning space names & numbers to a user-defined parameter.

Message 3 of 8
patrik.kvirenc
in reply to: cvoight

Thank you for your reply.

The goal is: for example, in the pipe fittings schedule have/show a floor and room/space like parameter. Now on I do not understand much about you wrote on with Spaces.

I'd like to avoid Dynamo. Is there any way (the simplest) I could get these two parameters (floor and room) in the schedule for each element in accessories, mechanic equipment, sprinklers, lighting, etc.?

Thanks once again for the answer.

Best regards,

Patrik

Message 4 of 8
fabiosato

Hello,

Except cable trays, conduits, ducts and pipes have no link with spaces or rooms, all other MEP elements can be connected to them, the only if is the element position, if the element is inside a wall it may not be related to any room.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
patrik.kvirenc
in reply to: fabiosato

As I wrote in previous comments. The room / space is not connected automatically (pipe accessories, pipe fittings, end elements, etc.) and I do not know how to do it without having to do it manually. The second problem is, and as you write, I need to assign this information (Room/space) to the elements in the partition structures.

Thank you,

Patrik

Message 6 of 8
fabiosato

Hello,

I have created a shared parameter for this purpose, filling it manually or through Dynamo.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
patrik.kvirenc
in reply to: fabiosato

Hello,

To fill in manually it lost sense. And Dynamo is a option, but how. A do not work with the Dynamo. Is there some video or instructions for this problem?

Thank you for your answer.

Patrik K.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

For your issue Dynamo is your friend.

However, this is not a simple task for someone with no experience with Dynamo.

I suggest working with local Revit model to test and learn through trial and error.

You can find some basic ideas of how the script should look at the following link:

https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/place-space-name-and-number-of-area-served-by-vav-into-vav-mechanical-...

You will need custom nodes, like Rhythm. You'll have to make a (shared) project parameter to store the data.

You will have to think about how to deal with MEP components spanning multiple spaces (like ducts, pipes and cable trays) and what to do with components that exist in a plenum (usually people don't place a space there and ceilings are bounding).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report