Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Radiator pipesizing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
895 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP Radiator pipesizing

Hello,

So first off i'm relatively new to revit. However, I've picked up a few things through simple training modules. My question is what is the capability of Revit MEP to carry out pipework sizing for pipework connected to radiators? I've tried lookign online but get loads of information on the duct sizing and pipework sizing for drainage. But i am yet to find anyhting clear description of the proces involved for radiator sizing.

I'm aware that the likes of magicad can carry out the process however, thats a plugin that realitically is makign the steps involved just mopre simple for the users so therefore the process can still be carried out without subscribing to that software. I'm off the opinion the the answer will be within the use of shared parameters and editing families so that the relevan tinformation is assigned to the connector. However, I've gotten very little positive results form this. Look any information would be great and thansk in advance for reading thid and any information you supply.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes its possible to size pipes for heating, chilled & domestic pipework. The key is to get your head round how the connectors in familys work Im sure there is some good videos if you search Youtube 

Heating Flow.JPG

Message 3 of 3
tuuletin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, dear, Cat Sad

what is the capability of Revit MEP to carry out pipework sizing for pipework connected to radiators

In Revit you can:

1) place a radiator,

2) assign to it flow rate,

3) connect pipes to the radiator, then make a system,

4) tab-select the whole system. The system itself must be properly made up — flow rates through all sections must be correct,

5) click Modify tab (duct/pipe) → Analysis → Duct/pipe sizing.

Make sure, that all modified sections (either ducts or pipes) have disabled property "fixed sides" in the properties palette. Cat Wink

Then you can go through a pressure loss calculation, but be careful with the results until you clearly examine, how revit calculates. Cat Embarassed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators