Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair central model / Corrupt central

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Cecilie
7160 Views, 14 Replies

Repair central model / Corrupt central

When synchronizing to central this warning sometimes appears. 

28.03.png

The central model has been repaired according to instruction, but that does not seem to help. The central model has been cleaned and resaved several times.

Every user in this project has the same Revit 2017 update, and the message seems to show up randomly with the users.

Knowing that certain windows 10 updates has made text in Revit a bit crazy, we wonder if different versions of windows may have an impact here. The users have windows 10 or 7. But most of all, we would like to know how to not get this warning. Has anyone else experienced this in Revit 2017? 

-Cecilie

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
kadmonkee
in reply to: Cecilie

are there any specific messages Revit is Providing when you attempt to sync? other than the image you provided.

do you have linked models (that may be corrupt also)

do you have AutoCAD links or other types of links

are you working off a network drive, Revit server, cloud?

I have not heard of Windows 10 or 7 causing issues you are experiencing (not out of the realm)

when repairing your model has everyone exited the model (linked and other locals)?

are you recreating the model from a (presumed valid) local file?

have you confirmed any warnings from the list found on the Manage tab inquiry panel

Warnings.JPG

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 15
r_kuijf
in reply to: kadmonkee

I have experienced this while using a third party family. The problem occured a day later. Removing the family in the local file was the solution for me.

Message 4 of 15
Cecilie
in reply to: r_kuijf

interesting.

Was this a special kind of Family? Or do you know what it was in this Family that caused the file to be corrupt?

Message 5 of 15
Cecilie
in reply to: kadmonkee

Thanks for the response! I'll have a look at your questions.

The part With corrupted links - Is this something you've experienced before?

Message 6 of 15
kadmonkee

Cecilie

yes,  sometimes a family in a linked model can cause issues.

tracking that done can prove more difficult not knowing when the family was introduced or how it was created.

the downside to removing links that are found to be corrupt is that you lose all your graphic override settings per link

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 7 of 15
Matt__W

@Cecilie you can do a simple check for corrupt families yourself.

1. Open the model. 
2. Save out the families to a temporary location that can be deleted (you don't want to overwrite any company standard families with potentially corrupt ones). When Revit finds one that's corrupt, it will crash or throw up an error message.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/EN...
3. Make note of the family that crashed Revit.
4. Close Revit.
5. Reopen Revit.
6. Open the model from step 1.
7. Reload and overwrite the corrupt family from step 3 using a clean copy from a company directory of standards, for example.
8. Save the model.
9. Repeat steps 2-8.
10. Wash-rinse-repeat until Revit doesn't crash while saving the families.

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 8 of 15
scott_dakin2
in reply to: Matt__W

If your central model is on a hard disc that has Replication enabled it will randomly become corrupt. You can't use this type of service.

I have hunted these types of things down using the last few entries in the Journal files before.

Message 9 of 15
perryW55TG
in reply to: scott_dakin2

How would one disable this or change it?

Message 10 of 15
perryW55TG

Thanks for the advice. So i saved out all the families to a folder but no crash. Not quite sure where to go from here. 

Message 11 of 15
scott_dakin2
in reply to: perryW55TG

Hard disc partition replication is managed by your IT department, its not something a user can adjust.

Message 12 of 15
Matt__W
in reply to: perryW55TG

@perryW55TG That really depends on what the issue is. You haven't given any background information or described what's happening with your model. Any error messages? Warnings?

Could you please zip up the files and post it to your A360 Drive?

This Screencast will show you how to share the link from your A360 Drive (https://a360.autodesk.com/drive/).
http://autode.sk/2hMJ15l

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 13 of 15
r_kuijf

We recently removed every temporary file that we could find:

- c:\users\documents

- %localappdata%\temp

- %localappdata%\Revit\Revit2017\Journals

- directory where the central is located

Then we detached from central with preserving the worksets. Gave this file an audit and then created new locals. Because I had the ability to continuously destroy the central, I warn my colleague that I want to synch. So he synchs before I do. For now we have no problems.

When you repair the central, Revit uses the local file which is open. And this is most common the file that is synched as last. I guess it has to do something with 0's and 1's not getting at the right position.  

Message 14 of 15
joemcninch
in reply to: scott_dakin2

@scott_dakin2 wrote:

If your central model is on a hard disc that has Replication enabled it will randomly become corrupt. You can't use this type of service.

I have hunted these types of things down using the last few entries in the Journal files before.

Do you have any evidence to support that claim other than scouring your journal files?  Just curious.

Message 15 of 15
scott_dakin2
in reply to: joemcninch

IIRC I found a technical article issued by Autodesk via Google a while back that stated Revit is not compatible with Replication.

I have also identified and fixed an issue of recurring corruption on our own servers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report