Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure Drop analysis prior to Heat Load calculations

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jad.i.sleiman
516 Views, 7 Replies

Pressure Drop analysis prior to Heat Load calculations

Hey all,

I am having a constant problem with my revit project. I am trying to perform pressure drop calculations on my District Cooling plant and continuously are having problems with the fact that none of my hydronic supply or hydronic return systems are included. All the settings of each hydronic supply and return are set to "ALL" in the calculations section. 

Picture 1 is the way it looks. I cant seem to find out why none of my systems are showing in the list of systems to calculate the pressure drop. 

Can I rename and create new types for each one and then hope for the best.? Is there a way to select a large amount of equipment and then make it work?

Please ask any questions and ill answer i really can use the help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

What do the different colour pipes mean? You have red, green and grey. I don't know much about analysis or the system you're producing, but you seem to have open pipes on the system. Does this matter? Can you upload the file?

======================================================

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solved your issue.

Intel 7740x - Quadro 6000 - 32Gb RAM - CADmouse - Logitech G710
Message 3 of 8

hey,

Green implies hydronic Supply, Red implies Hydronic return. I have hidden the cooling towers where a lot of the systems connect to. however the other "open" looking pipes in the picture are just the decoupler i have disconnected in order to run the system at design load. besides that I can upload the entire file and maybe you can help me . the below file is the uploaded file of my District Cooling Plant. If you can help me that would be great. 

Message 4 of 8

All i really need is how to configure the equipment so that i have no more flow mismatch. 

Message 5 of 8

I give up, sorry!

I tried using the System browser to delete all the systems and then started adding them again. The only system it offered was the 1000dia header (supply 11)

I tried creating a simple circuit with capped ends and one pump. That worked until I added any fittings or another pump.

Message 6 of 8

I did find this: Look at page 10

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/files/me204-3_connectors_in_revit_mep_content.pdf

Message 7 of 8

Hey thank you very much the PDF did great and was literally almost all I needed if you have more of these basic training PDF files please send them to me or post the links !!! Millions if thanks !
Message 8 of 8

Don't mention it, Ma'am - It's all in a day's work for Unpaid Google-searching Man....

*swirls cape, checks tights, flies off into distance*

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report