Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pipes/ducts/fittings/accessories schedulable level parameter

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
d.henk
3157 Views, 15 Replies

pipes/ducts/fittings/accessories schedulable level parameter

Is it possible to schedule these above mentioned categories on a level basis? When I create a fitting schedule there is no level parameter to add. And when we're working at a multiple story building then the material has to be delivered to and when the respective floor is actually built. We have a few workarounds to solve this, which I am not posting yet on purpose (they are not entirely user friendly though), easiest way would be to let the actual level parameters to be added to the schedule.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
dzanta
in reply to: d.henk

Go to Manage on the ribbon, click on Project Parameters. Click Add.

Pipe schedule by level-parameter-setup.jpg

Go to a view that has only the piping stuff you want to see scheduled, eg. a level 1 piping view. Select all the piping components and change the Piping Level ID parameter to something like Level 1.

Go to your pipe schedule and add the parameter to your scheduled fields

Pipe schedule by level-scheduled-fields.jpg

Click on the Filter tab of your schedule editor

Pipe schedule by level-filtered-schedule.jpg

Set the filter to only look for Level 1 stuff.

Duplicate the schedule by r-clicking in your project browser, but this time, change the name of the schedule to something like Level 2 Pipe and change the filter logic to look for Level 2 (assuming you've already gone to a level 2 view and actually applied the parameter to your components.)

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 16
d.henk
in reply to: dzanta

thanx man

that was one of the workarounds that I rather would not post as those are parameters you manually fill in and do not change along with the movement of the elements, and if new stuff comes in you have to go through it again

nice explanation though, kudos for that 🙂

so the question is still on; are the intelligent level parameters of these things going to be able to be scheduled?

Message 4 of 16
fabiosato

Hello,

If you create a multi-category schedule you can access level information.

Fábio Sato
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
d.henk
in reply to: fabiosato

hello

thanx, that was our second workaround 🙂 the problem here is that with a multi category schedule I don't have all the desired parameters of the fittings for example

Message 6 of 16
fabiosato

Hello,

In this case I suggest you to create a Shared parameter to report the level, you can use multi category to check the values, maybe use Dynamo to copy them.

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
d.henk
in reply to: fabiosato

thanks guys

then I'll keep using these workarounds (I just can't decide which to mark as "solution", since all of them works, and I knew about them too, I was just hoping that among others this issue too gets somehow to developement who can integrate a straightforward method in a future release, or explain the reason why it is not an option)

so all the responses above accepted 🙂

Message 8 of 16
bsammis

In the "Fields" dialog of your schedule properties, switch the "select available fields from" drop down to "Space". Space: Level is an available parameter. You can then hide this field in the schedule and filter by it to achieve your desired result.
Message 9 of 16
d.henk
in reply to: bsammis

hello,

Thanks. That way it has to be a multi-cat schedule as well where not all desired parameters of the fittings/accessories are available. Moreover a space goes actually up until the ceiling, and to make use of a space that way I would have to create spaces above the ceilings (where the ducts and pipes usually are). However with an equipment room it is another case, usually no ceilings there, and I schedule accessories in rooms like that since long ago 🙂 (still, no size parameter for example... I have to deal with dumb manually filled parameters)

Message 10 of 16
L.Maas

You can mark multiple posts as solution (this can help other users to find solutions). You also can give them kudos.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 11 of 16
bsammis

"That way it has to be a multi-cat schedule as well"

No it doesn't. In the fields dialog, directly below the list of available parameters is a drop down that defaults to the active category. Rooms and spaces are available, too. Basically, you can add room/space parameters to any model category schedule without making it multi-cat.
Message 12 of 16
d.henk
in reply to: bsammis

You are right, with air terminals it doesn't have to be multi cat. With duct/pipe/fittings/accessories single cat schedules doesn't have room/space parameters, see images below (taken from Revit 2016)

airterminals.png

ductacc.png

ductfittings.png

pipefittings.png

Message 13 of 16
bsammis

I did not know that. I mostly work on the electrical side of things, and all of our stuff has that ability.

You could create a space schedule and then nest a pipe/duct fitting/accessory in it maybe, I do that with light fixture schedules to generate Comcheck reports.
Message 14 of 16
aruckerY7D6L
in reply to: dzanta

Any idea why the pictures disappeared?

Message 15 of 16
km4504

You can add a notation in the comments parameter on which level they are on and use the for your schedule.

Message 16 of 16
ja1357
in reply to: km4504

We users should not have to workaround issues like this Autodesk should simply address the issue and make the level field available to all families.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report