Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Overall Size BUG report

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bejenaru.a
1109 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe Overall Size BUG report

So I have some insulated pipe work in my model and I need to report the outside diameter of the pipe and the overall size including the insulation thickness. I was using one of those tags that report the overall size but I'm realizing that the overall size is incorrect, it sums the insulation thickness to the pipe size instead of summing it to the outside diameter.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. The tag is showing the outside diameter Ø35 of my Ø32 pipe but but the overall size is 132 instead of 135.

One of our clients is requesting this information and we're not able to give it to him because of this inconsistency.

I hope the Autodesk guys fix this soon.

Best regards

Andrei Bejenaru
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
L.Maas
in reply to: bejenaru.a

I can not see the screenshot attached to your post (only icon with an x shows up).

But here is my example:

Insulation.png

So 50 mm pipe with 20 mm insulatation shows up as 90 mm (Revit 2015).

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 6
bejenaru.a
in reply to: L.Maas

Here's the Screen shot that was missing.

revit mep overall size bug.png

By the way, the outside diameter must be different from the Nominal Diameter. The selected pipe has Ø32 Nominal Diameter but the Outside diameter is Ø35.

Andrei Bejenaru
Message 4 of 6
L.Maas

Ok I see what happens now. Looks like you are correct. The nominal diameter seems to mess things up.

Nominal diameter is also confusing as it is more a rounded number.

32 ND pipe has an Outer Diameter of 42.16 mm. For schedule 40 pipe this relates to 35.05 Internal Diameter.

Pipe.png

It looks like Revit is indeed adding "real" 50 mm insulation to 32 nominal diameter.

I see one possible solution to this problem. Change the pipes so that your nominal diameter is equal to the outer diameter of the pipe.

Then you can tag the proper overall size. Of course then your pipe segments Nominal diameter does not have the proper Outside diameter.

Good find.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 6
eboonstra

I am curious to know how you were able to create the insulation tag to show the overall size? I created an insulation tag but the "overall size" parameter is not an option for the label. Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
will.simonds
in reply to: eboonstra

I would really like the same thing to be done for ductwork as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report