Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe - Filter issue

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
guy
Contributor
459 Views, 10 Replies

Pipe - Filter issue

Hi all, first time posting.

I have an issue with applying filters to pipes.

I don't have any fill legends or view templates applied, so I can't figure out what might be causing this issue?

Plan view shows the green pipe which has a view filter applied and should be Pink

1.PNG

The 3d View shows how the pipe should look, when enabling the view filter visibility it does hide the pipe, so it's working to an extent...

2.PNG

I have also reset the filters and views already, to no avail.

Also, we have checked all the right categories are assigned to the filters.

Its a simple yes/ no filter under a shared parameter.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
iainsavage
in reply to: guy

Check the graphic overrides for the system type, that might be what is controlling the colour.

In your filter you may need to include Pipe System as one of the affected categories rather than just Pipe.

Message 3 of 11
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

Actually I just noticed that penultimate line “its a simple yes/no filter” - how do you mean? I don’t understand. Are you talking about view filters or something else?

Message 4 of 11
ToanDN

- Show the filter configuration

- Show the filter list for the plan view and the 3D view

Message 5 of 11
guy
Contributor

Yes, I have view filters applied with the same colour settings for the pipe on multiple views.
As mentioned, I can ascertain the filter is working as it can hide the pipe when unchecked, however the colour wont apply to plan views.
Message 6 of 11
guy
Contributor
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi, It's the bottom pip 'Cfa' we are having the issue with.

View filter for the plan views.

3.PNG

View filter for the 3d view (working)

4.PNG

Message 7 of 11
guy
Contributor

We have pipe systems checked as well, the filter works, just not adding the colour to certain views.5.PNG

Message 8 of 11
ToanDN

Move the Cfa filter to above the Agricultural Drains and see if any difference.

Message 9 of 11
guy
Contributor

ToanDN, That worked!

I don't know how, as the pipe had no association with agricultural drain filter.

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN

@guy wrote:

ToanDN, That worked!

I don't know how, as the pipe had no association with agricultural drain filter.

Filter priority is from top to bottom.  When multiple filters apply to the same elements, the highest one takes priority.

Check your Agricultural Drains filter make sure it picks up the correct parameter.  And check the pipes themselves and make sure see if they only have CFA box checked, not any other boxes.

Message 11 of 11
guy
Contributor

We only has CFA checked, which makes this scenario really odd.

As described these pipes had no association with the agricultural drain filter.6.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report