Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menu Bar missing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ja1357
25645 Views, 9 Replies

Menu Bar missing

HI

I know this will be something really simple. My menu's have disappeared and I need them back asap, please could somebody let me know how?

I have tried:

1. Application menu > Options (no options for menus here)
  2. The minimise tabs cycle (not here)
  3. Closed down Revit & re-opend it (still missing)

Autodesk why haven't you put the menus in the Options > User interface > menus?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dzanta
in reply to: ja1357

try resetting your revit ui...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

otherwise, a repair would be in order.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 10
nathan.chapman

When you say menus does that mean the ribbons are gone or do you mean project browser and Properties?  If its project browser and properties go to the View tab>User Interface and check what you need.  Now if you ribbons are not showing just google revit ribbons missing.  You will have a huge list of links with fixes.

Nathan Chapman
Production Manager at General Heating and Air Conditioning

Revit Architecture Certified Professional
Revit MEP Mechanical Certified Professional
Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professional
DynaFabrication Package Author

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDOS button.
Message 4 of 10
ja1357

Thank you for your advice

The Menus I am referring to are the menus above the ribbon eg. File, Edit,
Window etc.. Please see the attached image for clarity.

I have been using Revit for 2 years and this has never happened.

Regards

James Alls

CAD Technician

Airkool Contracts Ltd

10 Rotterdam Road

Sutton Fields Industrial Estate

Hull HU7 0XD

East Yorkshire

Tel: 01482 371888 / Fax: 01482 371889

Email: james@airkool.com / Web:
www.airkool.com

P Save a tree...... please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this e-mail and any files attached are
confidential and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient please e-mail us immediately by
replying to this message and delete the material from your system.

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain viruses which could
damage your computer system or network. We can not accept liability for any
damage which you may sustain as a result. It is your responsibility to carry
out relevant checks before opening any attachment.

Registered office: 10 Rotterdam Road, Sutton Fields Industrial Estate,
Hull, HU7 0XD

Airkool Contracts Ltd 03550902 Airkool Projects Ltd 06733344 Airkool
Holdings Ltd 02776549
Message 5 of 10
nathan.chapman

No image is attached but you must be referring to the quick access toolbar.  I've noticed since we went to windows 10 that if i switch to a different monitor configuration that it wont show this bar but if i hover over that spot i will see the names pop up.  If i click it will work just cant see the icon.  There is fixes out there just haven't had time to look.  Google quick access toolbar missing.

Nathan Chapman
Production Manager at General Heating and Air Conditioning

Revit Architecture Certified Professional
Revit MEP Mechanical Certified Professional
Revit MEP Electrical Certified Professional
DynaFabrication Package Author

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDOS button.
Message 6 of 10
ja1357
in reply to: nathan.chapman

Nathan

Thank you for trying to solve my issue.  I have solved this by restarting my computer and opening Revit, however I did get a warning relating to a script file & a shared parameter file not being able to run so I think may be an issue with my computer and not Revit.

Autodesk

I now understand that there is no option to show the menus in the User Interface Options Dialog Box as they are supposed to be always there.

Thanks all for your support.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I know this is an older post, but I occasionally have this same issue - the Architecture, Structure, Systems, etc. tabs just randomly disappear. It's really annoying when you have multiple projects and families open, working back and forth, and you have to stop, sync all your projects to central models, close Revit and reboot. I have worked in all versions of Revit since 2012, and this problem has occurred in all of them, both with and without worksharing.

Has anyone figured out what causes this? I may be hitting a wrong button, but if so, I don't know what it is...

Message 8 of 10
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

perhaps your graphics card and driver may be non-compliant to run Revit...

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had this happen too. The ribbon tabs suddenly disappear. I read in one forum that this happens if you're doing a print preview/setup etc. I noticed that the 2 times this has happened, it was when I was doing a lot of that. It is annoying because in previous versions of Revit, it looks like you can right click where the Ribbon Tabs are supposed to be and click on 'show tabs' but in the 2018 version, you only have 'Show Panels Tiles' as the option.

Shutting down and rebooting resets the Ribbon tabs but I'm surprised Autodesk has not fixed this bug.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Just had the same issue that seemed like a graphics loading error. I was working on a project in Revit 2016 and when i went to cycle my ribbons, the ribbon tab's text disappeared.  My program window was maximized and i grabbed it by the top to move to my other screen and it fixed itself when it refreshed the program graphics. Like i say it seemed like a tricky graphics glitch, perhaps due to some slight incompatibility with graphics card, drivers and Revit, and may not provide a solution in most cases but perhaps if it does work it would save a lot of time troubleshooting.

Maybe minimizing, maximizing and/or Restore down/up may create a similar effect.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report