Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking Regions not Masking Pipe in Sprinkler Family

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
DavidBurchell
874 Views, 7 Replies

Masking Regions not Masking Pipe in Sprinkler Family

The attached sprinkler family has a symbol in it which includes a masking region.

This should wipe out the pipe below so all you see is an empty square, but the line of the pipe is still visible when printed as below.

For those not versed in sprinkler drawings the sprinkler in this case is the square and the pipe is the line.

Does anybody know why the masking region isn't masking?

I've tried printing in different detail levels and disciplines with no joy.

Ive even tried adding the masking region directly to the sprinkler family instead of within the symbol sub-component family, but the masking region still isn't displaying.

If anyone can solve this I will be eternally grateful...ThanksTest Plot Sprinkler Masking Region.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: DavidBurchell

It's a known issue. It might have been fixed in 2019.2.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 8
DavidBurchell
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks for reply Rob. Unfortunately I'm stuck with 2017 due to the back saving issue with Revit.

When I insert the same symbol family as a sprinkler tag direct to the view in my project, the masking region works fine, but when its nested in the sprinkler family all goes awry.

Frustrating to say the least!

Message 4 of 8
apjones

Have you tried using a solid white filled pattern as a workaround?  I have not tried this, just a thought.

Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
DavidBurchell
in reply to: apjones

apjones I had actually tried that and to my disbelief it didn't work either!

Looks like it is indeed a known issue with some Revit versions.

For anyone experiencing similar issues in future, the workaround is to print using raster processing, not vector.

Slight reduction in line quality but saves having to tag all the sprinkler heads with the symbols in the view. Kudos to Cadspec (Stanford marsh group) for their help with this one!

Message 6 of 8
RobDraw

@DavidBurchell wrote:

Looks like it is indeed a known issue with some Revit versions.

For anyone experiencing similar issues in future, the workaround is to print using raster processing, not vector.

The raster solution does not work for all related issues where this happens. Your mileage may vary.

Rob

Message 7 of 8
DSylvia
in reply to: RobDraw

I'm in version 2022 and still having this issue. Seems like autodesk is more concerned with adding new features every year rather than fixing or making sure current features actually work. 

Hey autodesk, no one wants to see pipe drops/rises in the middle of their sprinkler. 

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: DSylvia

It seems like you are more interested in complaining than finding a solution. Your comments belong in Product Feedback. 

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report