Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer from BS1192 to Uniclass (UK)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Dave_P
742 Views, 9 Replies

Layer from BS1192 to Uniclass (UK)

Hi All, 

I was wondering if any of you have already been able to mapping and converting the layer txt file in Revit from BS1192 to the Uniclass standards. 

Would you be able to share it? it would be definitely a good starting point for the people that still work across 3D and 2D. 

Does Autodesk intend to implementing it anytime soon?

Thank 
D

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
RobDraw
in reply to: Dave_P

The "whole industry"?

Your assuming that everyone in the industry needs to do this. Not true. There are many more people that do not need this function than do.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 10
Dave_P
in reply to: RobDraw

better?
Message 4 of 10
RobDraw

Not at all. Going from 3D to 2D doesn't necessitate those standards.

Rob

Message 5 of 10
Dave_P

I understand that this is might not be best practice but it is necessary if the client work in this way and although the conversation it is not as accurate as it could be is still better than starting from scratch.
Can you help with the topic?
Message 6 of 10
RobDraw

It's got nothing to do with best practice. Why don't you just say that you have a need for it instead of making it sound like there's some sort of global need for it?

Rob

Message 7 of 10
Dave_P

of course I need it. or why would I write this post. and there is need. because people work with BS1192 standard, the AEC(UK) Cad, the Cl/sfb etc, so yes, there is a need. but I'm not here to discuss this so I'll ask again, can you help?
Message 8 of 10
RobDraw

I don't think so. I wouldn't try to tackle this in Revit.

You need to stop muddying the waters with useless extraneous information and simply ask for what you want.

Rob

Message 9 of 10
iainsavage

I did a search to try and find an answer for you but I see that you got there first.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-structure-forum/loading-layer-names-classification-codes-accord...

Message 10 of 10
iainsavage

….and this

https://anotherbimblog.blogspot.com/2017/08/revit-cad-export-layers-to-uniclass-2015.html

Does the BIM Operability Tools for Revit classification manager provide a layer naming table or does it only classify families?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report